sgt magnus

Bank rooftop glitch

Yeah that’s an Arma 2 glitch and unfortunately we can’t do anything about the building itself.

I'm not sure if you've ever created a mission or not, but it takes an daunting amount of work to get an entity to block that up there. It requires them to mess with the PBO, and for something as silly as that it's simply not worth it. Would likely look bad, and would take damage separately.

The world-building language Arma 2 uses makes next to no sense at times, for example: player setPos (player modelToWorld [0,0,10]); ... Now looking at that, that's one of the potential commands for such an item if you replace 'player' with 'this', that you could place, and would have to place, directly overhead. You would then have to use the X,Y,Z axis to put in the proper place, and that may very well require decimals to make it look semi presentable (I once had a mission that had a 3.05333339 in place of the '10' in the example to make the entity work as intended). Also of note; while they work on something as trivial as this, they may be the only staff online when there's someone hacking away on the server and ruining everyone's day.

You can't necessarily shoot out of that in any case, only peak- and peaking there is very dangerous for lack of cover. I don't see how it's any worse than rocks you can hide inside/under. You have to realize it's not that easy to edit a mission for this game, and I'd rather the development staffers devote their time to more pressing, game-breaking issues.

Edited by Volk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think if you got one of those small bunkers at checkpoint rasman and made it permanent in that spot so the roof is where the top of that spot is, that it would likely fit perfectly and maybe solve this issue

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.