Unknown

A New Beginning...part 2..

Choose an Option  

30 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Choose an Option

• Continue how TLX is and keep Opfor
    • Make a Futuristic TLX and Remove Opfor
    • Make a Futuristic TLX and Keep opfor but change them to rebels.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/18 at 03:25 AM

Hello Everyone,

You all may already know that Giovanni has stepped down from his position of Director within the TLX Community. After much consideration, He has picked me to fill in that vacant Director spot while he still remains owner of the community. With that being said, I will attempt my best to make TLX better than it already is.

Some of you already know me, some of you don't so let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Unknown and I actually joined TLX 3 roughly 4 years ago when D-Nice still ran it. Throughout my time at TLX I have held every position from Junior Mod (Back then it was Teamspeak Helper) all the way up to owner. When D-Nice let the server down, Myself with the help of a few other members brought TLX back to life.

During my tenure as owner, we made major accomplishments such as having 1300 individual users registered on the server and just over 900 on the website to having a steady 50+ player base (Back when Arma 3 was..well still new). Of course I could not have done that without my staff team at that time. TLX was the first community I owned and I had an absolute blast doing it.

Now that I have more life experience, along with more ownership experience, I feel that this time around will be different. From my observation as both an Adviser and Community Manager, I have noticed that quite a bit of community members want to see an Arma 3 TLX Server. I am glad to say that we are currently in the Staff testing phase for the Arma 3 Community. We are still working out some kinks/bugs and some changes that will effect the server for the better.

This is where you guys and gals come in. As the server currently sits we have 3 factions which are Blufor (NATO/TSF), Independents (Medics) and Civilians. We have no Opfor faction on the current testing server (Its not implemented) and after seeing some feedback from staff and members, I have decided to let the community decide the future of opfor. You have 3 options.

1. Continue how TLX is and keep Opfor (Means that we would re-implement opfor into the Arma 3 server and allow their territory to be south of the border and NATO's territory to be north.)
  2. Make a futuristic TLX and make it to where NATO has won the war and the Opfor forces retreated from Takistan. (NATO will have jurisdiction in the North and can only go in the south on 2 occasions. 1. TSF requests their assistance or 2. There are NO TSF Online..TSF will patrol the south as a normal security force)
  3. Make a futuristic TLX and Keep opfor but change it to a rebel/militia faction (For those who didnt support the government during the war and stayed back after opfor left)

Voting will start today and end on Friday. Any questions or concerns feel free to contact me via private message and ill get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

Unknown

EDIT: I have had numerous questions about whether the vote is for Arma 2 or Arma 3. I completely apologize and should have specified that it is for ARMA 3 only. For that reason I have reset the vote and extended the voting until Sunday.

• Thanks 6

I like the futuristic opfor rebels idea, makes the most sense considering the use of opfor on TLX already...

Would be a nice faction objective to attempt to regain control of the region either through domination or through an opfor backed president for example.

Oh and good to see you taking the reigns once more, looking forward to another arma 3 server attempt. I'll always be lurking, let me know if you ever need any help testing or staffing even, lord knows I have nothing else to do when i'm off work this summer.

Edited by JUDGE

I would like to see Opfor becoming a satellite State of the Russian Federation, And having their millitary turned more professional and less corruption 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Kane said:

I would like to see Opfor becoming a satellite State of the Russian Federation, And having their millitary turned more professional and less corruption 

+1 what Kanye said.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Unknown said:

1. Make a futuristic TLX and make it to where NATO has won the war and the Opfor forces retreated from Takistan. (NATO will have jurisdiction in the North and can only go in the south on 2 occasions. 1. TSF requests their assistance or 2. There are NO TSF Online..TSF will patrol the south as a normal security force)

I feel with having a well expierenced NATO Force will be enough and will make RP'ing so much better, at the moment I feel like Blufor keep getting caught up with Opfor when trying to roleplay like arguing at the border or some dumb shit. 

9 minutes ago, Kane said:

Seeing that would be nice if Opfor were to be very organised and professional instead of sitting in hinds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fakie said:
11 minutes ago, Kane said:

Seeing that would be nice if Opfor were to be very organised and professional instead of sitting in hinds.

Less hinds, More patrols and policing in the south

Just now, Kane said:

Exactly.

1 minute ago, Kane said:

But it's Takistan Life XTREME! Lol, I do agree with you but only to a certain degree, leave the structured roleplay to NATO in my opinion...

Keep Opfor and as @Kanementioned, more of a boots on the ground hands on style of play as opposed to loading hardware up with AI and not having to do anything. Make South Takistan great again.

Edited by Smidge Griffkin
  • Like 1

playing bluefor/opfor with a faction made to kill you (indep) gets a annoying to patrol then die over and over after they are killed 10min later they are back its just makes the rp in to a deathmatch were ever you go 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ANC said:

playing bluefor/opfor with a faction made to kill you (indep) gets a annoying to patrol then die over and over after they are killed 10min later they are back its just makes the rp in to a deathmatch were ever you go 

We're talking about Arma 3 btw

I don't think there would be much point of OPFOR. If TSF becomes a thing which handles most of the crimes such as simple robberies, chases, etc while NATO can handle the big boys such as huge drug traffickers, kidnappings, rebels, controlling both the North and South and other crimes that could be considered somewhat major.

4 minutes ago, Roque said:

I don't think there would be much point of OPFOR. If TSF becomes a thing which handles most of the crimes such as simple robberies, chases, etc while NATO can handle the big boys such as huge drug traffickers, kidnappings, rebels, controlling both the North and South and other crimes that could be considered somewhat major.

You nailed it on the head basically. TSF is implemented and has 20 Blufor slots while NATO has 15. As of right now, NATO is responsible for the Civilian "Rebels/Terrorists" along with manning the checkpoints throughout Takistan and TSF is...well simply put, the police force of Takistan.

• Like 2

The thing is we dont wanna be like every other arma 3 takistan life server, we wanna stick out from the rest, not be like the rest

37 minutes ago, staan said:

can we help test the arma 3 dev server?

At this moment no. It’s only open for staff to test, Atleast until we feel that it’s ready for the community to test. That won’t be for another week atleast.

I do agree with Kane on this one. I think a OPFOR faction would thrive with a more organized approach. Having OPFOR patrol the the south in lightly armored APCs and more of a focus on boots on ground would be a refreshing experience for everyone. A few of the Arma 3 Takistan servers I've seen have not included OPFOR as a faction and that's the main reason I haven't made the switch over to ARMA 3. For myself the whole OPFOR and BLUFOR (or NATO) tension has had it's own charm to it and that's why i find myself returning to ARMA 2 here and there. In past servers that had a rank structure and had you working towards something is what keep me part of that community. With TLX looking to move to ARMA 3 that's what's keeping me around, in hopes that they can nail the server that I and many other people have been dreaming of.  

Although I feel like having OPFOR could potentially work if organized right. It'd just be too overwhelming for ranking/roles to be created. With just NATO/TSF, Civilians and rebels it's much easier imo, that's why I feel most arma 3 taki life servers do this. There are other ways that this server could stick out amongst other servers, just gotta be creative.

10 hours ago, ANC said:

No Andrew, you’re just bad. They can barely get over the border with you sitting in base on radar AND satcam and not Rping as you seem to want to.

Edited by Pearse
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fragmented said:

No Hindfor please

but hindfor = bestfor.....

Edited by JUDGE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have had numerous questions about whether the vote is for Arma 2 or Arma 3. I completely apologize and should have specified that it is for ARMA 3 only. For that reason I have reset the vote since some were confused and extended the voting until Sunday. My apologies.

Edit: Voting is on hold until i can figure out how to reset it...

• Confused 1