Sign in to follow this  
Hordan

Blufor & Opfor ranking system

I don't agree with having someone boss you around in a video game, and it being enforced and punishable if you don't comply, let's give some examples.

I'm playing on RISE and I get word of some typical criminal scum on the airfield. My buddy and I go to the atc where they are and apprehend two of them. We search and interrogate the two but one of them got away on foot. So i see two cadets in a GPK rolling past and I call them over (on rise there were in game ranks that were not enforced only there for an item progression and potential rp. There was if I can remember cadet, officer, sergeant, and so on just the typical police ranks.) anyway, I call the two cadets over and tell them to go and search the airfield for the criminal. They listened to me because in-game i was a sergeant and they were decent rp'ers however, technically they didn't have to. Now put this situation on here and "enforce it" like people are asking is absurd. You are gonna ban some semi-new guy to the server because he didn't wanna listen to some random guy with no IRL authority over him? or because he didn't understand there was a rule on "listening to some guy with a Teamspeak icon". Enforcing ranks is only there for power-hungry tyrants who are controlling and most likely have no lives outside the bedroom. Keep takistan simple, that's why people play it, for the funny relaxed rp. If you want enforced in-game and ts ranks go to A3L on arma 3.

Basically, put in game ranks for rp purposes and to unlock new gear maybe, but not so basement dwellers can control how players wanna play.

Another example: 

You wanna hop on for a bit and patrol around as cop and maybe catch some peasants in the act of drug trafficking. But you connect and someone pokes you in ts and tells you they need backup at cpr. You don't wanna play at cpr because its cancer and it's not what you wanna do. You play and after you dc you have a strike next to your name. Now that's retarded.

in-game ranks that display in your overhead name like "cop 5 James (sergeant)" that award bigger paychecks, more gear selection, and more renown > official faction shit and enforced listening to "leaders" and in-game and in ts ranks.

Edited by Hordan
grammatical error
  • Dislike 2

yeah i ain't listening to no 12 year old that spent 4 hours running up and down airfield with some power hungry leader "training"

They are getting a rank system for order and RP, You dont have to listen to higherups but it will lead to you not getting access to higher gear. And im tired of hearing the 12 year old comment, No one in the leader areas will be 12 at all, and if someone needs backup, Then Go there and give them backup, Your a team not a PMC

53 minutes ago, Kane said:

They are getting a rank system for order and RP, You dont have to listen to higherups but it will lead to you not getting access to higher gear. And im tired of hearing the 12 year old comment, No one in the leader areas will be 12 at all, and if someone needs backup, Then Go there and give them backup, Your a team not a PMC

yeah, you are on a team but this isn't professional football if I don't wanna be on a team I shouldn't have to be whether I wanna play with a partner or a few friends or even alone, and there should not be punishment for not listening to a "higher up". 

And wdym by this 

57 minutes ago, Kane said:

You dont have to listen to higherups but it will lead to you not getting access to higher gear

• Dislike 1

When whitelist is put it, It is up to the leaders of the faction wether to give you a promotion or not, Meaning if you dont follow orders or you break guidelines. You wont be promoted to get access to better gear and vics

1 minute ago, Kane said:

When whitelist is put it, It is up to the leaders of the faction wether to give you a promotion or not, Meaning if you dont follow orders or you break guidelines. You wont be promoted to get access to better gear and vics

god, that is even worse than I thought it'd be and why can't we all vote for who runs the faction or who gets what promotion why doesn't the general population get a say?

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Hordan said:

god, that is even worse than I thought it'd be and why can't we all vote for who runs the faction or who gets what promotion why doesn't the general population get a say?

In the millitary, Especially a communist one, the General pop does not have a say on who gets promoted in the faction, Yes we take suggestions on who should be but its mostly up to me or comrade, I was also put as major along awhile back, Only thing were waiting on is the whitelist

1 hour ago, Kane said:

In the millitary, Especially a communist one, the General pop does not have a say on who gets promoted in the faction, Yes we take suggestions on who should be but its mostly up to me or comrade, I was also put as major along awhile back, Only thing were waiting on is the whitelist

then hopefully the whitelist never comes, and I'm aware of that but this is a server, not a communist government and I'm also talking about the blufor, not just the opfor.

Edited by Hordan
  • Dislike 1

Unfortunately the decision was made and work has begun on it. It’s not if it’s gonna happen, it’s when. This reason was to get those people who don’t know what the heck they are doing off the military factions and allows those who do know the factions to play. If the ranking system doesn’t work, we can perhaps go back to the cop test and have them give us their steam id for us to whitelist them if they pass it.

• Like 1

Would be nicer if there was a age limit to join blufor, all kids i have met in arma2 are highly annoying and keep yelling like bunch of autists

You can't age gap a faction because if so the players will just leave and the numbers will die down. 

I know that they are young but you have to understand a young person does what they want you should know you were one of them.

If you have a problem with them continuously shouting then tell them to stop or get a mod involved.

As the mod is there to help player co-exist.

I wouldn't like an age limit as i like a 60 player server on the weekend and 30 during the week.

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.