Simeon Baghdadi

Mujahideen balance reasons and suggestions.

Many times, when I join the independent group when the server is well populated, we rebels struggle very much to deal with superior Opfor vehicles, Mi-24s and stupidly cheap armored vehicles that cost as much as our low range, inaccurate RPGs (450,000 + 100,000 per rocket + tax).

I don't want to hurt Opfor players by changing their arsenal, I believe we should change Independent weaponry, sometimes I find myself trapped in spawn because I have no way to deal with the 2 Mi-24s hunting around the green circle, detecting anything that comes out with their radars 3.8 kilometers away and then blasting it to shit with pinpoint accuracy locked on missiles, or the 128 s-5 high explosive missiles they carry, or the 1300 rounds HE/AP cannon, before we can respond with our overpriced shitty 1960s AA weapons, that cannot be effective at such ranges.

The Ural ZU-23:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             costs 2,600,000, has no radar (you have to search for helicopters yourself, you will be detected first kilometers away), almost impossible to hit any helicopter flying past 2 kilometers (which is much less than the AT lock on missiles the Mi-24 is carrying), extremely fragile.

The argument frequently used by Opfor for this shitty AA weapon we got is "Just use the terrain, hide in valleys and such and you will be the first to fire." This tactic can be very easily countered by flying extremely high, that way you can detect any vehicles with the radar from safety, out of ZU-23 effective range, and once you know the location of the Ural, you can come back at a lower altitude and engage with your superior lock on AT missiles of hell outside the effective ZU-23 Range. 

Does anyone here really think this is a viable AA weapon and that this is a reasonable price? 2,600,000 is way too expensive for something so useless, many times I've ran out of money while   trying to deal with Mi-24s, never I have succeeded taking one down with a ZU-23, price should be lower than 900,000.

There's a towable ZU-23 as well that costs 1,000,000 in my opinion it should cost 450,000

Fun fact: The Opfor Ural ZU-23 costs 600k, 2 million less than the indep Ural ZU-23

Igla Pod Towable Anti-Air:

costs 3,000,000, no radar, helicopters can detect it on their radar, you have to tow it and take your time to set it up which means that you cannot be mobile with this thing and you can get   caught towing it without being able to defend yourself, you need to wait 5 seconds after firing the 1st missile and 10 seconds after firing the 2nd, it's almost certain you miss at least 1   missile if your opponent uses flares, and the Mi-24 can sometimes be operational after getting hit, if you miss both of your missiles or the Mi-24 survives you're doomed because of the long   reload time. The Mi-24 pilot can take his time you can't try to escape to cover with your 3,000,000 AA weapon because you need to tow it first to move it. At least this weapon can deal with   the Mi-24 range unlike the ZU-23.

Igla Pod should cost around 600,000, most independent players are as poor as gypsies so don't be afraid if you think this price is too low.

Conclusion:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             The Igla Pod, the ZU-23 Ural and the towable ZU-23 are the only AA weapons that are available to the independent and they're absolute garbage for their price. To solve this problem their  prices should be adjusted to something reasonable and a new AA weapon should be added to the Independent arsenal, a handheld AA rocket launcher, an Igla or a Stinger that will cost 300,000-150,000 with cheap ammunition (30,000-20,000). This will bring an end to the non stop ass rape independent players experience when they try to leave spawn.

Static Machineguns:

The DShKM: The DShKM bag costs 355k, it doesn't make sense to use it because you can buy an Offroad with a mounted DShKM for 335k or a BTR-40 with it for only 274k, I'd like to see the price of the DShKM bag lowered to 160k

The Kord: The Kord isn't much better than the DShKM, I'd like to see the price go down to 190k

The RPG launcher:

Some information about the rpg rounds and what the rpg is capable of:

RPG-7 Rockets can reach a maximum speed of nearly 300m per second, if your target is 300m away and moving perpendicular to you (moving across the screen, opposite of parallel) account for 1.5-2 seconds of consistent movement by aiming in front of the target, duh.

PG-7V: This one is just your regular every day rocket, it uses a shaped charge which means it is armour piercing. It isn't very good for heavy armour, but great for stuff like a BRDM or LAV-25. Being less powerful means it contains less explosive and therefor less propellant making it lighter and faster, These shouldn't weight you down and they travel a long way, they're also fairly accurate.

PG-7VL: Similar to the PG-7V, but is a bit heavier. It has better armour penetration too. Account for the extra weight in aim and speed.

PG-7VR: this one is the heaviest rocket available, it consists of 2 charges. a small charge on the nose which is used for defeating the reactive armour seen on tanks, it looks like a grid of metal bricks. After the reactive armour has been destroyed the main charge penetrates the main armour on the vehicle. It can produce penetration twice as far as a PG-7V in real life.
Being a heavy round, this one travels a lot slower and not nearly as far as the PG-7V rocket. Best to be used in very close range, more than 100m and targets get difficult to hit. If you're expecting enemy M1A2 TUSK or T90 you should bring a couple of these rockets, they should work best because these tanks have the reactive armour Bricks on the sides.

OG-7V: The OG-7V is an anti-personnel HE-FRAG rocket, in game it seems to have a rather weak range though in real life it weighs less than the PG-7V and should travel just as far and as fast. This rocket is only good for taking out a bunch of infantry and cars like the UAZ. When you load this round into the RPG launcher you probably won't be able to see it because it is a tube shape which fits all the way into the tube unlike the other rockets with the diamond shaped nose.

The RPG is the only way for the casual independent player to deal with enemy armored threats, and it isn't very good at it,so why does it cost half a million? Each rocket costs 100k, this is too much. The maximal price for these rockets should be 20,000 and no more, the RPG should cost between 150,000 and 80,000

Fun fact: Buying an RPG with 2 rockets costs more than an Opfor BRDM (BRDM gunner isn't exposed).

Additional bullshit:

Offroad SPG-9:

Costs 700k, it's a fucking Toyota truck with a bigger RPG on the back, that's it. WHHYY???

Edited by Simeon Baghdadi
edited prices, edited static machinegun prices
  • Like 2

The best way to take down Hinds as Indie is to use MANPADs but only supporters get them, second best bet is to hope they fly low enough for an RPG hit

22 minutes ago, Anonymous User said:

The best way to take down Hinds as Indie is to use MANPADs but only supporters get them, second best bet is to hope they fly low enough for an RPG hit

Depends on the pilot, 50/50 shot of the hind recovering and getting back in the air

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Depends on the pilot, 50/50 shot of the hind recovering and getting back in the air

True, I've been shot down plenty of times and recovered but it all depends where you're shot at. If you're over the mountains might as well say goodbye

18 hours ago, Anonymous User said:

RPG wont do shit, we take it to the guts and shrug it off, Anti Armour Weapons and Ammo won’t jack to it.

20 hours ago, Unknown said:

Economy changes are coming soon. That’s all I gotta say.

Could we have them implemented seperatly to whitelisting? Indies do need this economy fix ASAP. The poor bastards cant get anything and it makes it hard for them to afford a decent fight.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Could we have them implemented seperatly to whitelisting? Indies do need this economy fix ASAP. The poor bastards cant get anything and it makes it hard for them to afford a decent fight.

I’ve played indie multiple times, it really isn’t that hard if you take a different route and go through the valley to the north. Anyway, they will be implemented when I get them from comrade

21 minutes ago, Unknown said:

I’ve played indie multiple times, it really isn’t that hard if you take a different route and go through the valley to the north. Anyway, they will be implemented when I get them from comrade

I’m not concerned with them going north, when I refer to them being not able afford a decent fight, I mean against Opfor. Indies are a better fight than blufor, we are better off going to war with indies than Blufor, they can be a challenge sometimes. So I think an economy fix would allow us to have an even better challenge from indies.

56 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Most of the time it's fine, but there are times when you can't leave your spawn because of the hinds patrolling around, one time the 5 of us rode bicycles so we won't get detected on radar, we failed anyway

Large IEDs should be less than 100k, these should be indeps primary weapon to make a profit. Strelas should also be available to buy IMO.

Why not bribe Opfor to let you through? Instead of fighting/sneaking your way North, why not bribe/rp your way there. That of course depends on the Opfor members, but it's a possibility. Hell, getting a civ to fly you North is possible. There are other ways of getting north.

I agree with an economic change for Indeps. They are lacking in affordable firepower and do need a change. Even so, there are ways of getting north that do not require shooting down Hinds.

Hindfor is really cheap too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Smith said:

Hell, getting a civ to fly you North is possible.

Hardly, anytime there are opfor on the first thing they do is say airspace closed anyone flying will be shot down and mark the map for no roleplay reason. even 1 or 2 minutes into a server restart.

4 minutes ago, Abdullah Al Arganeen said:

Also, as there are 3 hinds, the 2 most powerful should be considered as war vehicles, and the "weakest" (yeah there are no weak MI-24s) should be like 12-14 mil.

Increasing the overall cost of the Mi-24s isn't a bad idea. It would make it more balanced regarding the Blufor vs Opfor military dynamic. Also the Mi-24s are pretty cheap considering how effective they are, especially compared to Blufors attack chopper offerings. Then again, most of Blufor's equipment is very expensive when compared to Opfor's equipment. Bradly is 11 mil while a BMP-3 is only 4 mil. 

1 minute ago, staan said:

Hardly, anytime there are opfor on the first thing they do is say airspace closed anyone flying will be shot down and mark the map for no roleplay reason. even 1 or 2 minutes into a server restart.

Who said you'd be flying over the border legally.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:35 PM, John Smith said:

Why not bribe Opfor to let you through? Instead of fighting/sneaking your way North, why not bribe/rp your way there. That of course depends on the Opfor members, but it's a possibility. Hell, getting a civ to fly you North is possible. There are other ways of getting north.

I agree with an economic change for Indeps. They are lacking in affordable firepower and do need a change. Even so, there are ways of getting north that do not require shooting down Hinds.

Hindfor is really cheap too.

Why the fuck would Opfor want their bribe money? They have a diamond mine just outside their spawn, and the resource trader just outside the diamond mine, if I was Opfor I would just prefer to shoot stuff, making a civ fly you North is not viable, most of the time the airspace is closed, a civ co operating with an indep is a criminal, they'll get detected on the radar and will go down

Edited by Simeon Baghdadi

Opfor should only be allowed to take out a hind if there's a significant armor threat to them. its failrp to pull out a hind at the first sign of danger and it hinders roleplay. aswell name-checking as a reason to kill should be against the rules. it doesn't make sense.

My view would be to shift the INDEP base to Mulladost to drastically reduce the distance between the base and the north, this by giving the Indeps their own strip of land which is actually theirs as well as expanding the base circle. I've seen this be very successful on other servers.

I've played INDEP extensively and would genuinely love for it to be a successful faction, the use of IED's and guerilla tactics should be encouraged and so MANPADS, IEDs and so on should be much cheaper as well as RPG-7s to make the faction more fun to play.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind if indeps got to keep their weapons...

• Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 9:59 PM, Drew said:

RPG wont do shit, we take it to the guts and shrug it off, Anti Armour Weapons and Ammo won’t jack to it.

Unless its me dumping my hot load on you....
To be honest, I don't understand why people think the Hind is some godlike piece of equipment.... as you can see below, they will drop just as easy as any other aircraft if you hit it in the right spot or if you can take the crew out. People just need to get good.

comrade potato told me the other day they are fixing the economy so that's a plus, but yeah indeps definitely need a buff, half the reason all indeps go to the north to just slaughter 10 blufor each run is that the opfor have the hinds and vehicles.

Edited by Hordan

8 hours ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Unless its me dumping my hot load on you....
To be honest, I don't understand why people think the Hind is some godlike piece of equipment.... as you can see below, they will drop just as easy as any other aircraft if you hit it in the right spot or if you can take the crew out. People just need to get good.

Should we try you vs me, Smidge?

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.