animeking

This community is way too "ban happy"

I love this server, it's fun, and I look forward to getting of of work to play it almost everyday. However, there is a problem that the community is plagued with that makes it a stressful and dramatic middle-school social scene rather than a Military Roleplaying game. 

Any time someone dies, or loses a vehicle, or gets shot at, or whatever, they immediately, first reaction, go into an administrator support room and just try to get that person(s) in trouble for whatever rule they accuse them of breaking. The most common I've seen being for, "RDM". No matter how in fault they were.

I was playing OpFor earlier today, where I saw a well-known player named, "Gavrilo" sneak into the BluFor side of Check Point Alpha, and attempted to stun, and zip-tie a BluFor sniper to invoke tensions in the server. The player, who's name was Complexity who didn't even die just went up to an administrator room to try to get him in trouble, completely ruining any potential roleplay, or ingame tensions. 

This happens all of the time, and it's gotten to the point where if you want to invoke any sort of conflict / tensions at all, you're at a 100% gaurentee you'll be whisked away into some Teamspeak channel to by interrogated by an administration team that seems to carry around their "moderator" status whenever it can benefit them. Whoever has the loudest squeal wins. Not to mention, but for a server that only gets around 35-45 players a day, there are a ridiculous amount of Admins. Why are there so many moderators / senior moderators / junior moderators / administrators etc. ? 

I really want to see some actual roleplay rather than whineplay 

Edited by animeking
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 4

12 minutes ago, animeking said:

I love this server, it's fun, and I look forward to getting of of work to play it almost everyday. However, there is a problem that the community is plagued with that makes it a stressful and dramatic middle-school social scene rather than a Military Roleplaying game. 

Any time someone dies, or loses a vehicle, or gets shot at, or whatever, they immediately, first reaction, go into an administrator support room and just try to get that person(s) in trouble for whatever rule they accuse them of breaking. The most common I've seen being for, "RDM". No matter how in fault they were.

I was playing OpFor earlier today, where I saw a well-known player named, "Gavrilo" sneak into the BluFor side of Check Point Alpha, and attempted to stun, and zip-tie a BluFor sniper to invoke tensions in the server. The player, who's name was Complexity who didn't even die just went up to an administrator room to try to get him in trouble, completely ruining any potential roleplay, or ingame tensions. 

This happens all of the time, and it's gotten to the point where if you want to invoke any sort of conflict / tensions at all, you're at a 100% gaurentee you'll be whisked away into some Teamspeak channel to by interrogated by an administration team that seems to carry around their "moderator" status whenever it can benefit them. Whoever has the loudest squeal wins. Not to mention, but for a server that only gets around 35-45 players a day, there are a ridiculous amount of Admins. Why are there so many moderators / senior moderators / junior moderators / administrators etc. ? 

I really want to see some actual roleplay rather than whineplay 

The reason I went to a staff is because 1) He attempted to stun without any known intention except to start a war and 2) His roleplay reason wasn’t really even valid.  So please, don’t quote a situation you weren’t even involved in.  Especially when the other opfor players came to me saying he was on our side and claimed to not know what he was doing which kind of shows that even they didn’t know his intentions which he should have atleast made clear to them.  Which is kind of proven when an admin confirmed he didn’t really have a good roleplay reason and shouldn’t be doing it.  So if you want more roleplay, atleast do good fucking roleplay to provoke war as you said.  So don’t say i just ran to a staff.

Edited by Complexity
  • Like 1

Takistan Life has always been known for not being that serious when it comes to roleplay but I agree with you, we should try to roleplay more. Now about staff I think the Higher Ups should make a Rule Punishment System, so the staff don't make up their own punishment, because you are gonna have people who are gonna receive different punishments depending on the staff. 

• Like 3

You saw Gavrilo sneak in? Was it from Third Person? Or is there another Gavrilo on this server? Your issue was dealt with and you weren't punished for it. There's no more than a handful of staff members on the server and I haven't personally had to ban anyone myself recently. Kicks are just as common and most issues result in compensation. Your complaint is noted but your record and understanding of the rules doesn't appear to be clean to me either.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, animeking said:

I was playing OpFor earlier today, where I saw a well-known player named, "Gavrilo" sneak into the BluFor side of Check Point Alpha, and attempted to stun, and zip-tie a BluFor sniper to invoke tensions in the server.

I would really love to take this post seriously, but then I got to this part. You are literally Gavrilo pretending to be someone else so that you can make yourself look like the victim here.

This happens all of the time, and it's gotten to the point where if you want to invoke any sort of conflict / tensions at all, you're at a 100% gaurentee you'll be whisked away into some Teamspeak channel to by interrogated by an administration team that seems to carry around their "moderator" status whenever it can benefit them. Whoever has the loudest squeal wins.

You were brought to a help room and after the issue was investigated, no punishment was given. I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

Not to mention, but for a server that only gets around 35-45 players a day, there are a ridiculous amount of Admins. Why are there so many moderators / senior moderators / junior moderators / administrators etc. ?

We have 3 administrators, 1 senior moderator, 6 moderators, and 6 junior moderators. I think that's pretty reasonable considering not every staff member can be on at once and we have members from different time zones.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I do somewhat agree with the part about better role-play! This is a serious thing, people need to actually role-play stuff out. Whenever I see someone not role-playing at all i call them out, I see for failrp a day than anything and its absolutely ridiculous! I try my absolute best to rp and I wish everyone else would too. but besides that part this post is pointless and dumb...just my opinion

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.