VladimirPutin

Manning border checkpoints.

Border Checkpoints.  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should border checkpoints that are permanently closed be manned by at least 1 person ?

Blufor and Opfor have been abusing this strategy and at one point they closed all the checkpoints with no one manning them, really harmful for civs and the role playing involved.

If for example indeps have taken control of a checkpoint, the should be able to remove both of the barriers, dont you agree ? 

Indeps should be able to put down the barriers. A rule should perhaps be implemented that at least one checkpoint is manned by either OpFor or BluFor, so civs actually have a place to come to the south or north

I think that there should just be a rule that at least one checkpoint must be eather manned or opened. There is no need to close off all the checkpoints

• Like 1

They should make it so the shared borders can be opened by the shared factions cpa and cpd should have both sides be raised and lowered by either opfor or blufor. Cpb should be able to be controlled on both barriers by indi and blufor.

At least then if your playing indi you have a chance of getting across after you dodge the lamers who sit in a missle chopper with an ai spamming anyone driving. Once the borders are up indi pop dies and eventually blufor is bored and the server gets slow. 

@staan you do know that the Indep area is part of Opfor territory... Opfor owns that area so they should be able to control CPB as well.

There should really just be a timer so that after a while of not being manned the border gates go down, there is no reason to leave them up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supersahen said:

There should really just be a timer so that after a while of not being manned the border gates go down, there is no reason to leave them up.

Agreed. After 10 minutes of no one with in the checkpoint, it should remove the concrete barriers and allow everyone to operate the bar gates.

I say no as Opfor player this will make standing at CP pointless. We dont have the Blufor amount of players we cant man 3 CPs the only way we can do CP roleplaying is by forcing people towards the CP we are standing. I do howeverr agree that 1 CP must be open at anytime. Most Opfor players know this and will always leave one open. If all are closed let a Blufor or Opfor know useally someone will be there in minuts to fix it.

Edited by Spork
  • Like 1

As opfor sometimes I’m alone so it’s hard to control the flow. I think you should only be allowed to close down checkpoints if you’re conducting dangerous activities in the south. Sometimes I have to take out a hind and destroy every vehicle I see because  I’m being overrun etc. to control the flow and actually man checkpoints I like the close delta and mark it closed. Then I man alpha. 

On 4/2/2018 at 4:21 PM, VladimirPutin said:

Blufor and Opfor have been abusing this strategy and at one point they closed all the checkpoints with no one manning them, really harmful for civs and the role playing involved.

If for example indeps have taken control of a checkpoint, the should be able to remove both of the barriers, dont you agree ? 

• Having every checkpoint manned is not anywhere near a possibility knowing what kind of players are on the server.
  • Secondly it doesn't really ruin roleplay just going through one checkpoint (CPA), but having nobody manning CPA is the real problem.

What if you get killed at the Checkpoint? If you are at the Checkpoint you will just get sniped. We usually have it closed so people do not just run through. When we get sniped it stays closed because if we come back we know they're waiting. Even if we tried why waste money to just unclose the barrier if we are just going to get sniped?

• Dislike 2

There could be like a cap zone style thing at all the border checkpoints, but it takes longer to cap, say you have to stay inside the CP for 5 minutes, and once capped then indeps can operate the barriers. If the indeps leave the CP for longer than a certain amount of time then it returns to OPFOR/BLUFOR controls, this would also incentivize indeps to actually try and control the CP since most of the time they are just sniping it. OPFOR/BLUFOR can also retake the zone by killing all indeps.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Haqqa said:

There could be like a cap zone style thing at all the border checkpoints, but it takes longer to cap, say you have to stay inside the CP for 5 minutes, and once capped then indeps can operate the barriers. If the indeps leave the CP for longer than a certain amount of time then it returns to OPFOR/BLUFOR controls, this would also incentivize indeps to actually try and control the CP since most of the time they are just sniping it. OPFOR/BLUFOR can also retake the zone by killing all indeps.

Now I like this idea cause it forces all players to actually hold the checkpoint. This would also eliminate the issues of the checkpoints being unmanned and closed, Indies will have new objectives as they can they assume control and operate them.

On 6/10/2018 at 10:53 AM, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

What if you get killed at the Checkpoint? If you are at the Checkpoint you will just get sniped. We usually have it closed so people do not just run through. When we get sniped it stays closed because if we come back we know they're waiting. Even if we tried why waste money to just unclose the barrier if we are just going to get sniped?

Change your tactics. You can take martial law and war vics to the boarder (Checkpoints are part of the boarder) to defend it. 

If your playing opfor keep your eyes peeled. Have a buddy run radar and watch for indie traffic. Dont stand in the open as much as possible. You can also take your own fortifications to bild up the checkpoint.

Edited by SlimBone
Expanded on post

On 6/10/2018 at 3:54 PM, SlimBone said:

Change your tactics. You can take martial law and war vics to the boarder (Checkpoints are part of the boarder) to defend it. 

If your playing opfor keep your eyes peeled. Have a buddy run radar and watch for indie traffic. Dont stand in the open as much as possible. You can also take your own fortifications to bild up the checkpoint.

Okay, many things wrong with that. eyes peeled? Are you kidding me? You do realise this is Arma and to see a player model within grass and rocks, and shit over many hills and many kilometres away is kind of difficult especially when people do not have good computers, including me. I play on 70% 3D resolution, go from 200% to 80% that will be like that shit anime with the graphics so bad you want to cry yourself to sleep LOL. Our radar does not even reach any checkpoint beside delta and Feruz Abad. We also have to stand in the open to man the checkpoint and to get people through and to open and close the stuff. We can not really bring vehicles cause why to waste all that millions of dollars to kill someone who is hiding and risk getting shot down. When we get fortifications up, Cool. Now when we go to check for passports and search vehicles we get sniped.

No, but seriously, Yall do not man checkpoints, I rarely do see you guys on Opfor/Blufor actually manning checkpoints without having 20 guys there with Abrams and bunch of shit there. (Note Lance or ANC actually lost his Abram to 1 BRDM ATG). Manning checkpoints are harder than you guys really think. We do not really see you guys going up on the opposite hill because our radar does not go up that far, we also do not have people looking at that hill 24/7 I can barely pay attention in my classes if all. We do try to bring armour or helicopters but what is the point when you will lose it before you even see your enemy or know what hit you. Or have your helicopters shot down by AA-12 HE. We don't want to expend so much money to lose it and barely make a dent or mark on your offensive push. Insurgents do not really lose that much besides weapons, and I play PMC/Insurgents so I do lose my stuff. You gain more just at a slower pace if you do not really kill people that much. 

Time to get -reps for telling truth rip

55 minutes ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

Okay, many things wrong with that. eyes peeled? Are you kidding me? You do realise this is Arma and to see a player model within grass and rocks, and shit over many hills and many kilometres away is kind of difficult especially when people do not have good computers, including me. I play on 70% 3D resolution, go from 200% to 80% that will be like that shit anime with the graphics so bad you want to cry yourself to sleep LOL. Our radar does not even reach any checkpoint beside delta and Feruz Abad. We also have to stand in the open to man the checkpoint and to get people through and to open and close the stuff. We can not really bring vehicles cause why to waste all that millions of dollars to kill someone who is hiding and risk getting shot down. When we get fortifications up, Cool. Now when we go to check for passports and search vehicles we get sniped.

No, but seriously, Yall do not man checkpoints, I rarely do see you guys on Opfor/Blufor actually manning checkpoints without having 20 guys there with Abrams and bunch of shit there. (Note Lance or ANC actually lost his Abram to 1 BRDM ATG). Manning checkpoints are harder than you guys really think. We do not really see you guys going up on the opposite hill because our radar does not go up that far, we also do not have people looking at that hill 24/7 I can barely pay attention in my classes if all. We do try to bring armour or helicopters but what is the point when you will lose it before you even see your enemy or know what hit you. Or have your helicopters shot down by AA-12 HE. We don't want to expend so much money to lose it and barely make a dent or mark on your offensive push. Insurgents do not really lose that much besides weapons, and I play PMC/Insurgents so I do lose my stuff. You gain more just at a slower pace if you do not really kill people that much. 

Manning a checkpoint is so easy a braindead kid can do it. Most indeps just use a motorbike and drive right up to it so if you're actually in game and not tabbed out or doing something else you'll kill them, secondly you can raise your view distance to see far away people even on lowest possible settings and resolution. Also don't say you can't bring vehicles, you mine for money and you can bring a BRDM ATGM then have someone sit in a nice protected spot with a good view to cover the checkpoint and the hills.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

Stryder didnt you show me your specs? If I remember your specs you should have no issue "Keeping your eyes peeled". What you have to realize about arma and the first rule is "Dont get spotted first".

You must not have played enough indie cause indies lose everything unlike opfor and blufor. Unless your keeping the cap point under your factions control (opfor goes from 100k to 20k if indies have the point). This is why you'll see me call you out when I cap it. If you wanna stay broke then awesome I'll gladly take that cut of your checks. Play objectively. You might get some awesome rp banter if you only try. Ill rp you in global till im blue in the face.

I can hold Arma, at the lowest settings. I have about 20 settings on lowest settings, low render, pretty much everything and I still freeze from time to time. And do not get spotted first? Bro we're talking about checkpoints, are we not supposed to be in the open checking people? Independent does not have much of a money issue either unless you're unskilled and can easily Farm off of Blufor for the easy 100/k. I went Independent with a 50k gun and got a million when I died. Gatta love the Independent always -repping and disagreeing. 

I think manning checkpoint should be, at least, a good priority(along with patrol) for Blufor and Opfor. Making my way to Rasman, Sniper Hill, Truck Shop or the Capzone shouldnt be that easy. Nobody's at the border... Their's only strikers,hmmv crows/tow and jackal around rasman waiting for indeps most of the time i play :/ Oh ! and blufor with as50 looking into Rasman too, but that's not really that big of a deal, its just that instead of sniping and waiting, they should patrol, its much more efficient.

On 4/3/2018 at 6:18 AM, Unknown said:

Agreed. After 10 minutes of no one with in the checkpoint, it should remove the concrete barriers and allow everyone to operate the bar gates.

+1

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.