Giovanni

Faction whitelisting: the next steps

Good afternoon,

Today's update is going to be brief since I have to get going within a few minutes. We have taken the next steps into incorporating the faction ranks and whitelisting after some discussion during the staff meeting and between the administration.

@canadianbacon22 and @Kane have been selected as the Majors for BLUFOR and OPFOR respectively. @Comrade Potato and I will be overseeing the factions as Colonels, however we will be leaving most of the decision making to them.

Applications for both factions will be opening up here on the website soon. We will also have an accelerated process available for qualified individuals to make it to Officer and Senior NCO ranks to assist with faction management. Teamspeak has already been set up for the most part, however some permissions will be changed. Forum categories and user groups will be created here as well.

We are diligently working on the website/mission changes and regulatory policies & procedures so we can make whitelisting official within the following week. We'll stay in touch here!

In addition to all this, expect some of the following adjustments shortly:

• Rules being moved to the website
  • Proper application forms being set up for player reports, staff complaints, ban appeals, blacklist appeals, etc.
  • Economy and pricing updates
  • Touch up of Teamspeak icons + addition of group images on forums
Edited by Giovanni
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Franklin said:

will people already qualified for bluefor keep their whitelist

No, as this tag was given out freely without requiring anything. Originally there was a qualifications test, but it was virtually impossible to fail.

ive noticed all the staff has high ranking positions when i was told they would work for it....bias much?? (Gio is an a allowed since he owns server).... might be me but idk....

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Giovanni said:

Good afternoon,

Today's update is going to be brief since I have to get going within a few minutes. We have taken the next steps into incorporating the faction ranks and whitelisting after some discussion during the staff meeting and between the administration.

@canadianbacon22 and @Kane have been selected as the Majors for BLUFOR and OPFOR respectively. @Comrade Potato and I will be overseeing the factions as Colonels, however we will be leaving most of the decision making to them.

Applications for both factions will be opening up here on the website soon. We will also have an accelerated process available for qualified individuals to make it to Officer and Senior NCO ranks to assist with faction management. Teamspeak has already been set up for the most part, however some permissions will be changed. Forum categories and user groups will be created here as well.

We are diligently working on the website/mission changes and regulatory policies & procedures so we can make whitelisting official within the following week. We'll stay in touch here!

In addition to all this, expect some of the following adjustments shortly:

• Rules being moved to the website
  • Proper application forms being set up for player reports, staff complaints, ban appeals, blacklist appeals, etc.
  • Economy and pricing updates
  • Touch up of Teamspeak icons + addition of group images on forums

When is arma 3 server coming out if needed i will personally send some server hosts for you to host off.

8 minutes ago, Nureha said:

ive noticed all the staff has high ranking positions when i was told they would work for it....bias much?? (Gio is an a allowed since he owns server).... might be me but idk....

Erm..it’s up to the majors as to who gets what position. It’s up to gio and comrade potato to select the majors who submitted an application and to oversee and make sure the factions are running the way they are suppose too...how is that bias? Everyone had a chance to apply for it...plus neither major is a staff member..

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Nureha said:

Canadian was chosen by Comrade and Gio, who then chose Supersahen and I as officer candidates and Mark Stavaros as Sergeant. As far as I know, I'm the only staff member with a NATO rank. Other than of course Gio and Comrade but like you said, Gio is exempt and Comrade is above the Major of Opfor.

4 minutes ago, canadianbacon22 said:

Fuck off ;)

T O X I C

Edited by Roque
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nureha said:

@Giovanni and @Comrade Potato are above myself and @Kane, administratively. They are there to make sure we do a good job and don't do anything stupid. I suppose they could care to explain why they picked us. However, we also took into consideration the leadership potential of other applicants and gave them the opportunity to prove their worth by electing them as Officer Candidates.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Nureha said:

well poeple where told @canadianbacon22 did not apply if so please let there be proof of it and time stamp becuase alot of poeple are confused on why <3

Canadian Bacon did apply. So did Maverick, Supersahen, and Mark Stavaros. Those 3 were appointed to their ranks after we reviewed their Major applications and felt that they exceeded our expectations, although obviously Canadian Bacon had already filled the position of Major. Your proof of his application as requested:

Canadianbacon's Major Application.png

2 hours ago, Nureha said:

ive noticed all the staff has high ranking positions when i was told they would work for it....bias much??

Most of the staff don't have any positions in NATO or the TLA...

• Like 2