I3o0M

Staff and Supporter Application Requirements

Hello,

when you compare the Supporter requirements and the Staff requirements you´ll realise that there is something wrong.

• A member of the server for 2 months or greater. VS You must be an active and mature member of the server.
  • At least 100 hours of play time in game. VS You must have at least 15 hours of play time in-game.
  • At least 25 posts on the forums. VS You must have a working microphone.
  • A forum reputation of at least 20. VS You must be able to commit a reasonable amount of time per week to staffing the server.
  • No recent bans or warnings on record. VS You must be willing to attend staff meetings on a regular basis. We usually hold them on Saturdays at 6 PM EST.

So currently its easier to become a Staff then a Supporter. (Based on the conditions)

Because some people were able to buy the rank and this is no longer possible there is a gap within the playerbase in terms of special donator items and previleges.

So I would suggest lowering the Supporter requirements.

An example:

• A member of the server for 1 months or greater.
  • At least 75 hours of play time in game.
  • At least 25 posts on the forums.
  • No recent bans or warnings on record.

What do you guys think about that topic? I know it might be bad for the people who spent real money but we have to do something against the difference inside the playerbase.

Thanks for listening!

Edited by Giovanni
Merged threads
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, I3o0M said:

An example:

• A member of the server for 1 months or greater.
  • At least 75 hours of play time in game.
  • At least 25 posts on the forums.
  • No recent bans or warnings on record.

+1 This is a good idea BUT in my opinion the forum reputation helps with the whole thing. I do like the adjustments you've made in your example. Again I do feel the forum reputation is an important key as it shows/proves your an active member within the community.

Also I feel like the staff requirements should be higher/more dedication because it is fairly easy to achieve the necessary tasks needed to apply for Staff though you have to understand more applications get rejected than accepted so you also have to put that into factor. 

Edited by Fakie
  • Like 1

-1 how I see it it is not supporter that needs lowers because staff requirements are low but instead staff requirements need to be increased. There are quite a few people who should not even be applying yet doing so.

There have been a lot of staff applications recently and a large portion of them are new players. By this I mean that they have only been playing on the server for one or two weeks. I feel that anyone no matter how good of a person they are or how great they could do the job would have enough experience on the server after only one or two weeks of playing on it. On top of that it does not give other players and staff enough time to get an accurate understanding of the player. People can say anything in their application so people rely on personal experience with players to judge their eligibility to join staff. For these reasons I would like to request that there be a set amount of time that they have to play on the server before they can apply. Personally I would recommend at least 1 month but preferably 2 months. 

• Like 1

I totally agree. It really puzzles me that it is easier to be a staff member than a supporter. I feel like unless the person already had staffing experience in another RP server in Arma, they probably should have to either be a supporter first (and then wait a couple more weeks) or at the very least have to wait the same period of time. I mean, you will entrust someone with being an admin before you will entrust them with cheap, really cool toys? C'mon man!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pavel Datsyuk said:

It really puzzles me that it is easier to be a staff member than a supporter.

What? Barely any of the staff applications have been accepted. Of the 29 we've received here, 3 candidates were accepted and hired as staff. That's not even counting the applications made via Google Forms prior to being set up on the forums. Just because you meet the minimum requirements doesn't guarantee you will become a staff member. A key difference with the supporter requirements is that if you meet them there is a high certainty you will be accepted, but with staff applications this is not the case as we want to leave most of our evaluation to after people apply.

7 hours ago, Pavel Datsyuk said:

I mean, you will entrust someone with being an admin before you will entrust them with cheap, really cool toys?

This is a huge overstatement. People seem to think that "admin" is synonymous with "staff." It's not. We have two Administrators out of a staff team of 15. When someone is brought into the staff team following the acceptance of their application and an interview, they are a Junior Moderator. The majority of our staff team consists of Junior Moderators and Moderators. They spend the majority of the time dealing with support cases - being staff isn't as fun as you make it out to be.

Edited by Giovanni
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is in response to Giovani's reply. I am not trying to say that we need the change because the wrong people are being accepted but instead my thought behind it is that there have been some applications that are just not needed. I am only asking for change to help limit people from applying to early so they won't waste their own time or ours by making an application that probably won't get accepted anyways due to a matter as simple as their playtime.

Staff application requirements have been raised, and are now the following:

• You must be an active and mature member of the server.
  • You must have a working microphone.
  • You must be at least 16 years of age.
  • You must have at least 40 hours of play time in-game.
  • You must have a forum reputation of at least 10.
  • You must be willing to attend staff meetings on a regular basis. We usually hold them on Saturdays at 6 PM EST.
  • You must be able to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week to staffing the server.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Staff application requirements have been raised, and are now the following:

• You must be at least 16 years of age.

OOF rip matthew

Edited by Roque
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matthew P said:

Is this the reason why my staff app was rejected

If Was Baised...;)

Probably not there was like 7 or some others that got rejected at the same time yours did, I believe everyone thought there was a needed change in the staff requirements since they were semi low, BUT you have to remember not all staff apps get accepted, if you look, barely any do. The new changes I believe balance out the requirements with Staff vs. Supporter. Also you have to remember, you are 12 years old, your still maturing, have yet to hit puberty, I'm not gonna be some guy saying "STFU squeaker!", but you just have understand there is more mature people applying for staff that may get rejected aswell.

I hope I said that right :$

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

• Like 1

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.