Sign in to follow this  
Chechen Soldier

Forum Moderator

Im sure most of you could agree that staff are very helpful in keeping a server alive and well maintained. You cant run a server without staff just like running this forum. I believe there should be a forum moderator completely separate from all other staff roles with dealing in game. A forum moderator would help and aid in the process of making sure everyone on the forum website is doing what they are allowed to do within the rules of the website. Most of the rules should be common sense but there will always be those posts and trolls that will join just to cause havoc. In my opinion it would be too much of a burden on the staff to have to deal with in game issues, team speak issues, and forum issues all at the same time. You wouldnt need alot of forum moderators only a few to make sure everything is moving smoothly and everyone is using the website according to the "rules" and by "rules" I mean the common sense rules that everyone should know.

Would love to hear your feedback whether you agree or not, leave your opinion down below.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

+1

This is a great idea which is why I am giving it a +1, however I disagree on the fact that we need forum moderators at this time. As much as I see TLX growing, I do not see our website needing extra staff specifically for the site itself. We currently are still hiring normal staff members that can spend a little more time checking over the forums as well as depending on our forum users to report offensive or abusive content. 

+1 But i'm with winters and complexity on this one, they're not needed as of now but would be great if the website was more active 

I really see no need for a "forum moderator". TLX has always managed fine having staff handle it and there is no reason that won't be true now.
The forum never has been and never will be hugely active. We don't have 50~ people posting an hour. We have 1 - 2 per hour max. And that won't change ever, gaming websites just generally are not that active.

I see no reason why a normal moderator can't just look over, monitor and maintain the website as that is part of the job they were signed up for.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, LordWookie said:

I really see no need for a "forum moderator". TLX has always managed fine having staff handle it and there is no reason that won't be true now.
The forum never has been and never will be hugely active. We don't have 50~ people posting an hour. We have 1 - 2 per hour max. And that won't change ever, gaming websites just generally are not that active.

I see no reason why a normal moderator can't just look over, monitor and maintain the website as that is part of the job they were signed up for.

Its better to have one than not, I feel like a dedicated moderator atleast one would be better than none.

"Better to have one than not" Actually no. Most of the time that makes things more complicated and leads to disagreement. Although in this case, any disagreement or final decision on website cases would be decided by Gio. 

Maybe in the future, the need for this role will arise but currently there most definitely is not a need for it.

I agree that Forum Moderation is an important aspect of any community, but I disagree that it requires a specific role. Currently, the in-game staff browse the forum regularly, and can maintain it, and as such the Forum does not require a specific team to do such.

For that reason, I will -1 this suggestion until a time it is deemed necessary

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.