Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highlanderluck

New INDEP rule

Should there be a radius around CP's to attack it?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a radius around CP's to attack it?

I believe there should an minimum radius for Insurgents/terrorists to attack a manned checkpoint from.             

Reason for this as I have seen multiple Indies sitting on hills 2-3k away from CPA firing into it with lock on launchers without even interacting with any OPFOR and then going to re-arm at VIP or just launching 1 rocket or multiple if they have them and not even interacting with the OPFOR at the CP.

Insurgents are supposed to use hit and run tactics, yes with snipers, yes with launchers, but I have not heard of any Taliban using launchers to fire on infantry from 3000m away, it’s just not plausible.

I've made a poll so everyone can vote on this. 

On RISE, the max distance was 500m. I believe it should be similar. Every time I would attack a checkpoint, I would always make sure I was at least 500m away, to avoid any conflict with the staff.

11 minutes ago, Highlanderluck said:

I believe there should an minimum radius for Insurgents/terrorists to attack a manned checkpoint from.             

Reason for this as I have seen multiple Indies sitting on hills 2-3k away from CPA firing into it with lock on launchers without even interacting with any OPFOR and then going to re-arm at VIP or just launching 1 rocket or multiple if they have them and not even interacting with the OPFOR at the CP.

Insurgents are supposed to use hit and run tactics, yes with snipers, yes with launchers, but I have not heard of any Taliban using launchers to fire on infantry from 3000m away, it’s just not plausible.

lol ... seriously and let me guess opfor they can camp from hills , just not indies right ? Does that also mean u cant come with a hind a kill us form 2k out ? 

5 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

On RISE, the max distance was 500m. I believe it should be similar. Every time I would attack a checkpoint, I would always make sure I was at least 500m away, to avoid any conflict with the staff.

There reason he is saying that is because he knows indies wont be able to do what they do with BRDM ATGMS and HINDS . They camp the surrounding hills with armour and blow up anyone in checkpoint but indies have to be within 500m lol .... 

Why dont we make a place on the map make it a safezone and name is Opfor Safe space cause thats all you guys have been promoting . Confirms what a bunch of pussies opfor really is . 

On RISE it worked well enough, i'm even increasing the range for what rise had their radius at. And attacking stuff on the hills surrounding CP is not necessarily attacking CP, it is attacking surrounding vehicles. So say i'm on the WEST hill at the top in a BMP-2, if you were to shoot me from all the way at weapons factory and kill me i wouldnt see a problem with that since I'am outside of CP.

1 minute ago, Highlanderluck said:

On RISE it worked well enough, i'm even increasing the range for what rise had their radius at. And attacking stuff on the hills surrounding CP is not necessarily attacking CP, it is attacking surrounding vehicles. So say i'm on the WEST hill at the top in a BMP-2, if you were to shoot me from all the way at weapons factory and kill me i wouldnt see a problem with that since I'am outside of CP.

And if im in CP you cant come with a hind and fire a rocket barrage correct ? Cause im ok with that . And also Opfor they cant come on the hill and bomb cp with a BRDM ATGM they have to drive within 500m ? Cause im not gonna mind that either . Besides to see CPA u still have to get up to 700 meters close from INdeps side from Opfor side u can see it from 1200 out . Not sure where this 3000m area is cause I cant even see beyond 1500 visibility anyway . 

It says in the rules that you can't sit around and wait at a checkpoint, you must do your business and carry on, or the indeps must man the checkpoint.

2 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

It says in the rules that you can't sit around and wait at a checkpoint, you must do your business and carry on, or the indeps must man the checkpoint.

Your answer is irrelevant to what he is recommending though . We are talking if im in CP .. most of the time I attack kill someone or be killed and flee cause I know once they die there are coming wth armour on the hill . 

I dont see this 500m rule a bad Idea i just know for a fact support room is gonna be filled with people " oh i was 498 meters ' no U were 501 meters  .. etc etc . 

Yeah

Just now, Moonhorse said:

I dont see this 500m rule a bad Idea i just know for a fact support room is gonna be filled with people " oh i was 498 meters ' no U were 501 meters  .. etc etc . 

This happened a lot on RISE.. can confirm.

9 minutes ago, Moonhorse said:

And also Opfor they cant come on the hill and bomb cp with a BRDM ATGM they have to drive within 500m ?

Also, this attacking the CP Rule in a certain distance was strictly for Independents and attacking civilians. It didn't matter for Opfor/Blufor on RISE. Not saying it has to be the same here.

13 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Yeah

This happened a lot on RISE.. can confirm.

Also, this attacking the CP Rule in a certain distance was strictly for Independents and attacking civilians. It didn't matter for Opfor/Blufor on RISE. Not saying it has to be the same here.

It always seems all these Ideas are about nerfing Indep when at the end of the day if we are gonna play on an RP based server , indeps should have the least restriction. Its like telling ISIS you can only attack us within 500m ... So we either everyone gonna RP or nobody . 

Just now, Moonhorse said:

It always seems all these Ideas are about nerfing Indep when at the end of the day if we are gonna play on an RP based server , indeps should have the least restriction. Its like telling ISIS you can only attack us within 500m ... So we either everyone gonna RP or nobody . 

Doesn't get truer than that. Personally, I play independent pretty much the whole time I play Taki Life and was always dishearted at the fact that I'd have to get within 500m to shoot some opfor. They really should be able to attack whenever or wherever they want.

Just now, Han Solo said:

Doesn't get truer than that. Personally, I play independent pretty much the whole time I play Taki Life and was always dishearted at the fact that I'd have to get within 500m to shoot some opfor. They really should be able to attack whenever or wherever they want.

Correct , +1 Id give u a like but i ran out today . What Opfor really wants is for the to be untouchable , hang out in CP looking cool , harrass civs and nobody can do anything , but then INdep comes in and blows their macho macho mentality and sends them back to base .. then once a while they come raging with a MI-24 and run back to base. If this actually gets implemented , first thing im gonna do if im chased by an MI-24 is run to a checkpoint and he has to fly down to 500 meters to the point where I can snipe him with an AKM .. works fine for me lool ... Oh wait the next rule is gonna be Indpes cant run from cover to a CP whiile we are bombing them with 200 rockets and a 6 mil heli ..... That would be up for vote after this one .. Getting ridiculous guys . 

By the way, every time I mention RISE, I am using it as a reference point when talking about features and or rules. I am not trying to glorify it by any means.

I'd be against this. Didn't really like it back then and guaranteed it will create more crying in the help-room about what distance it was. Sure you would add something to the death message which says how far away you were from someone when you killed them, but it's still a massive hassle.

2 hours ago, Moonhorse said:

"Ahmed! What are you doing! You can't shoot the Afghan army from here with that ATGM. They will cry to the kafir staff for comp!"

11 minutes ago, Montel Williams said:

I'd be against this. Didn't really like it back then and guaranteed it will create more crying in the help-room about what distance it was. Sure you would add something to the death message which says how far away you were from someone when you killed them, but it's still a massive hassle.

"Ahmed! What are you doing! You can't shoot the Afghan army from here with that ATGM. They will cry to the kafir staff for comp!"

It would be awful bad if the cops knew how far away the independent is lol..

I believe that this idea will create more problems than it's worth but I have a solution to this problem.

git gud

But seriously if you can't kill 1 guy with a BRDM or Javelin just get rush him with multiple guys, he's only got so many missiles. Or just predict attacks and think of ways to counter them, every time I'm Opfor I always keep plans in mind of what I'm going to do if an attack comes from a hill or from a vehicle on the road.

ps. when i get back on the server this best not be a thing because i was gonna practice sniping some silly goobers at checkpoints and rasman.

14 hours ago, Highlanderluck said:

If it's plausible in Arma then it's plausible in real life, Arma is supposed to be a simulator, all of the ranges on the weapons in the game are legitimate, the only vehicles and weapons in the Indep arsenal that has a range of 3,000 meters are the tanks and the BRDM (which are too expensive for Indeps) and mortars (wartime only), the SPG-9 HE round can reach 2.1KM (most people will not be able to hit from that range on their first shot) and the AT round can reach 1.4KMs, 90% of players aren't supporters and they're not able to get lock on launchers, instead of restricting other players you should have scouts on sniping positions around CPA to counter that tactic, and lets assume this rule will get incorporated into the game, if I am an indep, and I spotted an opfor in cpa 600 meters away from him (estimating that the new rule will not allow conflict outside a 500 meters radius), and he spotted me, are we supposed to just pretend we didn't see each other, he'll let me walk into the 500 meter range, I'll make sure I am in the range before shooting so I don't break the rules, and then I will be able to engage them in combat? Sorry, no, this will ruin immersion and experience for everyone. Stop trying to fix your incompetence through enforcing tyranny.
If this becomes a thing I'll make sure we have mortar squads firing non stop on cpa from max range as a protest to this retardation, please cease your autism

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.