Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elijah

UN vehicles

I was playing as UN for a while today and noticed very limited vehicle choices. We have a UAZ, Ural, m113, BMP-2, and Mi-8. I think that our armed vehicle choices are fine but we have no good patroll vehicles. I would like UN verients of an SUV and many an unarmed hmmve. Because of our job we don’t really need better armed vehicles but we are severely lacking in good patroll vehicles.

There's no need for more UN vehicles, what they have available to them now accurately reflects the equipment available to them in real life.

1 minute ago, Giovanni said:

There's no need for more UN vehicles, what they have available to them now accurately reflects the equipment available to them in real life.

I just want an SUV or really just anything better than a crappy UAZ to patroll in. And realistically the UN would have SUVs

Just now, Elijah said:

I just want an SUV or really just anything better than a crappy UAZ to patroll in. And realistically the UN would have SUVs

Don't play UN then.

An SUV or even a Humvee doesn't make sense. This suggestion though simple is unnecessary and even unrealistic. We're in Takistan. A small country based on Tajikistan (see below) in the Turkic states of central Asia. This is pretty much directly next to Russia. Russia's Soviet Era equipment is the most common not only in this region of the world but also many surrounding regions of the world. The United Nations has a very small peacekeeping force of roughly 100,000. Most of these forces being contributed by smaller countries with limited but mostly Soviet equipment. UAZs and other smaller older vehicles are the most common for the UN unless larger western forces or Russia directly contribute. Russia is the major contributor in this case due to it being a close neighbour and large supplier of this region. Which in this case means western contribution wouldn't make sense. The United States of America only has 80 soldiers to contribute to the UN and other NATO nations have very small forces actually in the UN. Most forces in the United Nations since its birth and even today have been contributed by smaller countries with little to no military industry and these troops rely almost entirely on Soviet equipment. It's even shown here that the UN simply doesn't have a peacekeeping force made of any western country that would contribute such SUVs or Humvees for us to even use. Nor do we need them due to excess supply of perfectly good UAZs etc. SUVs aren't necessary for the UN. They don't even need them. Humvees are unrealistic in our situation. Forget those too. The UN is fine, we don't need more vehicles. The faction is meant to do one simple job of peacekeeping and can do it easily with its current equipment.

takistan.thumb.PNG.8081e59177ffd9c8aecc1766aa00632e.PNG

I don’t really understand why the UN should be the only faction to not be allowed to use SUVs but I guess you are right that it would cause huge problems for the UN to be able to have a car that can go over 100 mph. It would most definitely break RP and lead to mass  chaos  on the server. We should definitely keep SUVs out of the hands of the UN. Who knows what terrible issues would come from a the UN having this type of game breaking vehicle. The SUV is definitely an OP vehicle and there is no reason for the UN to have this type of evil killing machine.

in case you didn’t realize, I’m being sarcastic. I just feel like you guys are overreacting about this. What kind of problems do you guys see this leading to? I just really can’t see this leading to any type of issue eather with the UN RPing or with them in combat. 

Why don't we just delete every unarmed vehicle from the game except for SUVs? That way we can have everyone driving SUVs all the time. That seems like the way it's going right now. It's not needed and it's sounding more like a standard everyone's setting because the SUV is sooo good that everyone needs it as a flagship vehicle of every faction. The UN doesn't use or need them. They have a perfectly good UAZ. Why can't they stick with it instead?

And in response to Comrade, these are the types of vehicles a quick google search shows the UN as having. And as you can see there are even SUVs and some pickup trucks. It’s not like I’m asking for tanks or armored vehicles. I just want something better than a UAZ.

5AAC8B03-6FEF-4D54-B611-DDBBC729449B.png

8620D05A-F572-449A-8107-18C3C6412F33.png

41FFE9D9-16EC-4E1E-ADD0-446E48311B26.png

1AB62D79-3F69-4DE7-86BA-28A46325E6B7.png

5DD6FBF6-545C-4BC9-A7DF-CDFCE26B686A.png

4 minutes ago, Comrade Potato said:

Why don't we just delete every unarmed vehicle from the game except for SUVs? That way we can have everyone driving SUVs all the time. That seems like the way it's going right now. It's not needed and it's sounding more like a standard everyone's setting because the SUV is sooo good that everyone needs it as a flagship vehicle of every faction. The UN doesn't use or need them. They have a perfectly good UAZ. Why can't they stick with it instead?

I’m not asking specifically for an SUV I just want something other than the UAZ which is one of the worst vehicles in the game. I would rather use an ATV then the UAZ. If not an SUV then why not a landrover or offroader?

2 minutes ago, Elijah said:

I’m not asking specifically for an SUV I just want something other than the UAZ which is one of the worst vehicles in the land. If not an SUV then why not a landrover or offroader?

Well you were asking specifically for an SUV and humvee. I don't see a problem with a UN pickup truck or land rover.

"I would like UN verients of an SUV and many an unarmed hmmve."

6 minutes ago, Comrade Potato said:

I feel like everything I said flew over your head.

Your and Gio’s Argument has been that the UN would not have that type of vehicle in real life so they would not have it in game. I then google “UN vehicles” and showed that they would in fact have that type of car. I have shown photographic proof that they would have those types of vehicles and even if you want to just say that the SUV is to fast or that too many people use it then okay, that is a valid argument so why not let the UN use a pickup. This would solve all the issues that you mentioned. They would realistically have pickup trucks in that region and it is not too fast even with speed 5 and it is not used by everyone. 

I understand that in my original post I specify mentioned SUVs and did not state that I would be fine with other patrol vehicles. Now I am attempting to clarify that I would be fine with any other types of vehicles besides the SUV.

8 minutes ago, Elijah said:

Your and Gio’s Argument has been that the UN would not have that type of vehicle in real life so they would not have it in game. I then google “UN vehicles” and showed that they would in fact have that type of car. I have shown photographic proof that they would have those types of vehicles and even if you want to just say that the SUV is to fast or that too many people use it then okay, that is a valid argument so why not let the UN use a pickup. This would solve all the issues that you mentioned. They would realistically have pickup trucks in that region and it is not too fast even with speed 5 and it is not used by everyone. 

I understand that in my original post I specify mentioned SUVs and did not state that I would be fine with other patrol vehicles. Now I am attempting to clarify that I would be fine with any other types of vehicles besides the SUV.

It's not about what UN vehicles exist, it's about what UN vehicles are most common in this region, which is dependent on the forces providing the UN peacekeepers. Clearly you did not in fact read everything Comrade said.

The United States for example would have more sophisticated vehicles and equipment that their UN peacekeepers use, but then you realize there's only 80 of them compared to the thousands contributed by other nations.

8 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

It's not about what UN vehicles exist, it's about what UN vehicles are most common in this region, which is dependent on the forces providing the UN peacekeepers. Clearly you didn't read what everything Comrade said.

The United States for example has more sophisticated vehicles and equipment that their UN peacekeepers use, but then you realize there's only 80 of them compared to the thousands contributed by other nations.

I do understand this and it’s not like I’m asking for the types of vehicles that could only be provided by the US. I’m asking for a Covilian grade vehicle. Even in this region the UN could easily get pickup trucks. The UN in this region would most definitely be able to get any vehicle that an average civilian could get and in this area. Even just based off of the photos, these vehicles are not even American...  are you really trying to say that no one other then Americans can get a pickup truck? I’m not asking for a “sophisticated vehicle” im asking for a pickup!! Your argument is literally that since the US only has 80 people in the UN there should be no better vehicle then a UAZ because there is no other country besides America that is able to make SUVs or pickup trucks.

Just now, Elijah said:

I do understand this and it’s not like I’m asking for the types of vehicles that could only be provided by the US. I’m asking for a Covilian grade vehicle. Even in this region the UN could easily get pickup trucks. The UN in this region would most definitely be able to get any vehicle that an average civilian could get and in this area. Even just based off of the photos, these vehicles are not even American...  are you really trying to say that no one other then Americans can get a pickup truck? I’m not asking for a “sophisticated vehicle” im asking for a pickup!! Your argument is literally that since the US only has 80 people in the UN there should be no better vehicle then a UAZ because there is no other country besides America that is able to make SUVs or pickup trucks.

Who are you even arguing with? I already stated several posts up that pickup trucks and land rovers would be fine.

I feel like this got awfully aggressive on Elijah for literally no reason. I mean yea he said something specific but rather than destroying him it would've been fine to just offer a solution you guys thought best.

7 hours ago, Jake Thompson said:

Forwarded to the development team.

If they have the time I'm sure they'll find suitable additions if possible

4 hours ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

I think as it is, the UN has enough vehicles as it stands. They are after all a small sub faction. Keepin it simple.

Soon every factions gonna have a sub-faction with so many new rules that you almost need to take classes to play the game. K.I.S. (Keep it simple). Plus if you have supporter can't you buy the swag suv? Or would that be restricted cause I can't honestly tell anyone to not use a vic from supporter like the swag suv regardless of faction cause its like wearing a jersey for your favorite sports team. But if you want logic for it thats the HVT or VIP's designated vic since it stands out.

6 hours ago, SlimBone said:

Plus if you have supporter can't you buy the swag suv? Or would that be restricted cause I can't honestly tell anyone to not use a vic from supporter like the swag suv regardless of faction cause its like wearing a jersey for your favorite sports team. But if you want logic for it thats the HVT or VIP's designated vic since it stands out.

One of the rules for the UN is that they can only use UN variants of vehicles. So that would mean that they are not allowed to use supporter vehicles. As of RN there are 5 vehicles that they can use. And those are a UN UAZ, a UN BMP-2, a UN m113, a UN Ural, and a UN Mi-8.

7 hours ago, Elijah said:

One of the rules for the UN is that they can only use UN variants of vehicles. So that would mean that they are not allowed to use supporter vehicles. As of RN there are 5 vehicles that they can use. And those are a UN UAZ, a UN BMP-2, a UN m113, a UN Ural, and a UN Mi-8.

I'm pretty sure supporter allows you to use the vehicles even if you're in a sub faction like the UN.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.