Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abdullah Al Arganeen

Aa12 slugs aint workin

Hello

As Ive got my supp license, i decided to check if aa12 has rubber bullets. Shop calls slugs a "Beanie bags". I decided to test it out before using it in actual action.

The result - civ killed with a torso shot. No info about stunning too.

Could it please  be fixed? I know, that aa12 speed is superior, so maybe lets stay with 5-8 slugs that are actually stunning

Can't remember what we did to fix it but I remember this issue from years ago. If I have time in the near future, I'll try to run a diff against our mission to see if I can find it. It may just be where the round hasn't been added to the if check when handle damage is called. Are there issues with stuns not working on other weapons like the M9SD (I think that is what you guys use on cop...)?

18 minutes ago, Montel Williams said:

Just looked through the mission. How far away from the civ were you when you shot them?

I remember doing it at point blank and it never worked. Doesn't work from 5, 10, or 15 meters either.

47 minutes ago, Montel Williams said:

Just looked through the mission. How far away from the civ were you when you shot them?

I think they aren't registered as actual stun ammo, for civ and PMC everything that is labeled stun doesn't work unless you actually buy the Saiga from the Russian Arms dealer. I think it was just mislabeled since the cops use the same mags and they didn't change the names when adding it to civ shops. Or it's actually just broken.

1 hour ago, Montel Williams said:

About 10 meters, or for you Americans - about 30 feet :)

Also, slugs werent working as normal ammo at distance of 100 meters, but that was against some AI left on server so maybe there were lagging... (I shot a whole damn mag, crouching, aiming, with somewhat stabilized breath :/

17 hours ago, Abdullah Al Arganeen said:

About 10 meters, or for you Americans - about 30 feet :)

Also, slugs werent working as normal ammo at distance of 100 meters, but that was against some AI left on server so maybe there were lagging... (I shot a whole damn mag, crouching, aiming, with somewhat stabilized breath :/

Wondering if it was just past 15m. Might be why...

18 hours ago, Mez said:

I think they aren't registered as actual stun ammo, for civ and PMC everything that is labeled stun doesn't work unless you actually buy the Saiga from the Russian Arms dealer. I think it was just mislabeled since the cops use the same mags and they didn't change the names when adding it to civ shops. Or it's actually just broken.

Further confirms my theory.

18 hours ago, Han Solo said:

I remember doing it at point blank and it never worked. Doesn't work from 5, 10, or 15 meters either.

If this is true though, then my original idea why could be wrong (permitting it wasn't due to low server fps/delayed local script queue).

Looked through the files again. Almost 100% certain I now know why they don't work. Should be a matter of deleting 4 characters in 1 file and adding approx 16 characters to another file to fix.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.