Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfslayer

Commander Application - Wolfslayer

Greetings,

I hereby wish to volunteer as the next commander for opfor.

Who am i:

Name: Wolfslayer

Playtime: 3000+ Hours

Nationality: Dutch

My qualifications:

- I have experience in managing factions

- Ex Captain [TLX] before shutdown

- Ex Lieutenant on VDV [JG]

- Commander during mutliple operations in RISE

- I have studied most russian doctrines for usage during arma 2 operations.

- Creating a group which was the biggest thing opfor had going before tlx went down.

During my 3000 hours in arma i have played plenty of opfor. I have found many working strategies that i am willing to learn this to anymore. During my time i have met many people. Some more competent than others. I have thaught many people how to play arma. What i always say is the following

"Arma 2 is a wild horse. Tame it and you will enjoy it for a very long time. But do not master it.... and it will kick you to the ground many times over."

I have no problem with teaching people how to play arma as long as they show that they are motivated to learn. I wish to make a  competent force that knows how to operate in the nation of Takistan. I wish to make a active community that brings great ideas and fun suggestions. 

My Personality in Arma:

- I might seem like someone who screws around much. But when needed i can be very serious

- I know this game by heart. Therefor i might seem chaotic. But i use the games physics and logic in a way where i will usually win in a fight.

- I am a calm headed person. During serious situations i will remain calm and discuss it with my team.

Due to my play time i have learned the ins and outs of the game. I know how it works. FOr example i was once playing Escape for chernarus with a few buddies. While they were trying to operate as a team i was drunk and screwing around. I still managed to kill more hostiles with a ak though.

What i wish to do with opfor:

I would make opfor similar the the opfor on JG. Though with some needed modifications to make it more fitting to TLX. I would have 2 main factions and a seperate Special forces group which would allow you to conduct covert operations

Takistani Peoples Liberation Army:

These soldiers are known for brute force and determination. Their preffered vehicle is something with a large gun and tracks. Their special forces would be the Shock Troopers. Their specialty is blitzkrieg. This is achieved by masses of firepower and always pushing forwards.

Military Airforce of Russia

Their speciality is their long range anti tank missles and their knowledge in their equipment. Their helicopters might be far away..... But they will still hit you. And where the TPLA fight anywhere on the front line. The MAFR's special units willl fight anywhere. On the front or far behindw enemy lines.... The MAFR's paratroopers are always in their element.

a. Creation of the faction

1. Create a ranking structure and base Handbook

2. Have applications going for sub faction leaders.

3. Assign two sub commanders for the faction

4. Discuss the creation on the faction

5. Create the Handbooks, Ranks and Doctrines for the factions with the Sub Commanders.

6. Create a special forces group.

b. Doctrine/Rule Changes

1. Only allow Special forces to do Covert operation to prevent a random from going into the north.

2. Make the TPLA the major faction on opfor. This will be the faction where most players go when they join opfor

3. Only make the hind D availible to the TPLA for Lieutenant+ due to its weaker atgm's and weaker dumb fire missles.

4. Have the MAFR allowed to use armed helicopters and train them for Paratrooper operation which will be their many goal.

5. Assign Designated Pilots for Opfor so that you will only see a occasional hind. And when you see it you will know the pilot has experience.

I also have a Ushanka hat

Not to be rude, but you’re rarely on. Furthermore you were applying to become a Blufor commander couple of days ago, so why change if you wanted to represent Blufor so much? I am aware of your experience and your VVS sub-faction, but you seem to left it behind (and even offering to give the rulebook and other documents to anyone) why is that? Why you are changing sides all of the sudden, is it because you were not accepted as a BLUFOR commander? You were so dedicated to BLUFOR and now you are changing and saying that you just main Opfor.

Other thing is that you rant about Kane being a shitty commander, yet you’re almost not contributing to the well being of Opfor .

I don’t have anything against you but the way you speak and act makes me think you will be a dictator of Opfor only making your friends officers instead of dedicated soldiers. Opfor having a dictator is the last thing I want and impowering somone like that would only ruin us and there would be no Opfor on.

I’m sorry if you find that response offensive but this I just how I see it.

I feel like OPFOR will become very strict,leading to players to change factions.

37 minutes ago, Morpho said:

Not to be rude, but you’re rarely on. Furthermore you were applying to become a Blufor commander couple of days ago, so why change if you wanted to represent Blufor so much? I am aware of your experience and your VVS sub-faction, but you seem to left it behind (and even offering to give the rulebook and other documents to anyone) why is that? Why you are changing sides all of the sudden, is it because you were not accepted as a BLUFOR commander? You were so dedicated to BLUFOR and now you are changing and saying that you just main Opfor.

Other thing is that you rant about Kane being a shitty commander, yet you’re almost not contributing to the well being of Opfor .

I don’t have anything against you but the way you speak and act makes me think you will be a dictator of Opfor only making your friends officers instead of dedicated soldiers. Opfor having a dictator is the last thing I want and impowering somone like that would only ruin us and there would be no Opfor on.

I also totally agree with what Morpho said.

1 hour ago, Morpho said:

" Not to be rude, but you’re rarely on." 

I understand that i haven't been on opfor since the server came back up and i do wish to increase my playtime on opfor. And yes for the last few days i haven't really been on due to something in my private life. 

" I am aware of your experience and your VVS sub-faction, but you seem to left it behind "

The VVS sub-faction was a idea i created to show to Kane that we could have a air and ground force faction. Before the server went down Kane and me were planning alot with opfor. Since then not a lot has happened OFFICIALLY on opfor. I say  officially since Kane is not the current opfor Commander. People see him way but this will only lead to problems when/if someone else gets elected then we would have a lot of dissappointed people due to ranks that were not handed out officially being retracted. 

"and even offering to give the rulebook and other documents to anyone"

Yes, i wanted to give it away since i was hoping someone would do something with it on opfor. Though i didn't have the time to discuss this with Kane in a way where we could have a proper transfer. There were also other people creating something similar to it. I wanted to give it to them so they would have a base  But if i were to get elected i would make this a sub faction of opfor. It hasn't been given away though. 

"Other thing is that you rant about Kane being a shitty commander, "

Though i am not the biggest fan of Kane. I do not believe he should command. He tries things but it never really materializes and due to his immature reaction to me playing blufor i do not think that he is mature enough.  And if you ask me i do believe that his application is below average. It doesn't really show much about the person or his plans. It just says booys on the ground.

"yet you’re almost not contributing to the well being of Opfor ."

I hope to be able to contribute to opfor when i get elected. I will do the work. I just need to be certain that it is for nothing.

"Why you are changing sides all of the sudden "

I used to be a opfor player, this was untill i was "Banished" from opfor by Kane. Though i do wanna say that some people see people as a specific side only. Why can't we play both.... Sometimes i wish to play with a suv and a m4 and sometimes i wish to play with a pkm and the occasional hind. While the server was done i was talking with Jake Thompson about a possible way to make a VVS for blufor.

"is it because you were not accepted as a BLUFOR commander? "

Wasn't elected.... No one has been since this post.

"saying that you just main Opfor."

Though i used to be in the past. Lately i haven't been on. This might have given you the impression that i never played opfor. Also where exacly in my original post do i claim this?

"I don’t have anything against you but the way you speak and act makes me think you will be a dictator of Opfor only making your friends officers instead of dedicated soldiers. "

Personally i wouldn't really be busy with assigning personal ranks. This would be done by 2 people who i believe would be able make their sub factions better. And due to us effectively having a small group of commanders we'd always be able to prevent someone abusing their power for stupid things.

"I’m sorry if you find that response offensive but this I just how I see it."

You bring decent counter arguments to a discussion... Nothing offensive about it. 

4 hours ago, Wolfslayer said:

" Not to be rude, but you’re rarely on." 

I understand that i haven't been on opfor since the server came back up and i do wish to increase my playtime on opfor. And yes for the last few days i haven't really been on due to something in my private life. 

" I am aware of your experience and your VVS sub-faction, but you seem to left it behind "

The VVS sub-faction was a idea i created to show to Kane that we could have a air and ground force faction. Before the server went down Kane and me were planning alot with opfor. Since then not a lot has happened OFFICIALLY on opfor. I say  officially since Kane is not the current opfor Commander. People see him way but this will only lead to problems when/if someone else gets elected then we would have a lot of dissappointed people due to ranks that were not handed out officially being retracted. 

"and even offering to give the rulebook and other documents to anyone"

Yes, i wanted to give it away since i was hoping someone would do something with it on opfor. Though i didn't have the time to discuss this with Kane in a way where we could have a proper transfer. There were also other people creating something similar to it. I wanted to give it to them so they would have a base  But if i were to get elected i would make this a sub faction of opfor. It hasn't been given away though. 

"Other thing is that you rant about Kane being a shitty commander, "

Though i am not the biggest fan of Kane. I do not believe he should command. He tries things but it never really materializes and due to his immature reaction to me playing blufor i do not think that he is mature enough.  And if you ask me i do believe that his application is below average. It doesn't really show much about the person or his plans. It just says booys on the ground.

"yet you’re almost not contributing to the well being of Opfor ."

I hope to be able to contribute to opfor when i get elected. I will do the work. I just need to be certain that it is for nothing.

"Why you are changing sides all of the sudden "

I used to be a opfor player, this was untill i was "Banished" from opfor by Kane. Though i do wanna say that some people see people as a specific side only. Why can't we play both.... Sometimes i wish to play with a suv and a m4 and sometimes i wish to play with a pkm and the occasional hind. While the server was done i was talking with Jake Thompson about a possible way to make a VVS for blufor.

"is it because you were not accepted as a BLUFOR commander? "

Wasn't elected.... No one has been since this post.

"saying that you just main Opfor."

Though i used to be in the past. Lately i haven't been on. This might have given you the impression that i never played opfor. Also where exacly in my original post do i claim this?

"I don’t have anything against you but the way you speak and act makes me think you will be a dictator of Opfor only making your friends officers instead of dedicated soldiers. "

Personally i wouldn't really be busy with assigning personal ranks. This would be done by 2 people who i believe would be able make their sub factions better. And due to us effectively having a small group of commanders we'd always be able to prevent someone abusing their power for stupid things.

"I’m sorry if you find that response offensive but this I just how I see it."

You bring decent counter arguments to a discussion... Nothing offensive about it. 

Imma be honest chief, if you dont speak russian or dont have a good russian accent you cant be opfor.

You just ranted about how badly you wanted to be BLUFOR and how shit opfor was, Now you think you can just come back and think your gunna be accepted after how much you shitted on opfor? i dont think so

4 hours ago, Kane said:

You just ranted about how badly you wanted to be BLUFOR and how shit opfor was, Now you think you can just come back and think your gunna be accepted after how much you shitted on opfor? i dont think so

Would you kindly provide examples?

You say i shit talked opfor. When i did i did it due to rp. For instance calling opfor units communist scum.