Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Han Solo

Identifying people...

You guys should make it so you have to up to someone and press E and check ID in order to see who they are. It's annoying that everyone knows exactly who everyone is even if they haven't seen them before. It would also stop alot of the RDMING cops that kill a criminal on sight.

12 minutes ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

Will bring this up for discussion. I agree its a bit shit how you can press space and scan the horizon to find targets.

Yes, it also would improve roleplay by 100%, especially for the civilian terrorists who actually want to try stuff.

22 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Yes, it also would improve roleplay by 100%, especially for the civilian terrorists who actually want to try stuff.

+1 that's  how it should be ..

2 hours ago, Sheev Palpatine said:

If this is removed, RDM rates are going to skyrocket. 

I don't agree. I say this would be beneficial to the server. Would allow role play to actually take place from the likes of the blufor as they would need to confront civs to see who they are. 

Would definitely like to see this feature added. +1

4 minutes ago, Ahon132 said:

I don't agree. I say this would be beneficial to the server. Would allow role play to actually take place from the likes of the blufor as they would need to confront civs to see who they are. 

Would definitely like to see this feature added. +1

It's a necessary evil. You think blufor is trigger happy now? wait until they can't tell whether that armed guy is a criminal or not. 

Nah I honestly think it's just going to be the same as now but slightly less. Think it's going to bring more genuine role play to the server 

6 hours ago, Sheev Palpatine said:

It's a necessary evil. You think blufor is trigger happy now? wait until they can't tell whether that armed guy is a criminal or not. 

Oh you think this would only impact Blufor? Doesnt Opfor also use namechecking heavily?

"Oh look a vic heading north to cpa thats not a comrade!" ~launches barrage of missiles thinking its an Indie but RDMs a civ who just finished mining a phat load of diamonds.

Have fun paying that comp Red-Smurf (Since I call blufor Smurfs.)

5 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

Oh you think this would only impact Blufor? Doesnt Opfor also use namechecking heavily?

"Oh look a vic heading north to cpa thats not a comrade!" ~launches barrage of missiles thinking its an Indie but RDMs a civ who just finished mining a phat load of diamonds.

Have fun paying that comp Red-Smurf (Since I call blufor Smurfs.)

It'd affect blufor the heaviest.

All you really need to do is take away the Press space to see name. There names can still show when your close to them (if red shoot if you need to shoot).  @Wolfslayer you shouldn't be needing to call in a airstrike for one single person on foot anyway or declare martial law.

I've got to agree with Abdullah. Taking away space identifying is going to impact a lot more than just namechecking. We're going to need amendments to certain rules at the very least. 

Removing space identification is great for everyone on foot. Indeps and BLUFOR could effectively use civ vehicles as a means of staying on the down low.

However it would be an absolute nightmare for those in the air, especially if you're in a drone with a thermal camera.

18 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Removing space identification is great for everyone on foot. Indeps and BLUFOR could effectively use civ vehicles as a means of staying on the down low.

However it would be an absolute nightmare for those in the air, especially if you're in a drone with a thermal camera.

It's almost like you can't just fly around solo in a drone and know instantly who everyone on the ground is. ?

A bit of trigger discipline never hurt anyone, the camera on most aircraft is well capable of checking someones identity.

It'd be a shame if we actually had to have someone on the ground.

Quick little thing. i was playing indie the other day. Though i had a pilot skin and was unarmed.... managed to drive around rasman and actually talk to multiple cops.... After a while i got shot by a civ terrorist not knowing the rules.

Remove the spacebar identification, you can still see names close up without it. +1 I've been playing since dnice days and I've always thought this would increase role play greatly. 

All of you saying like "wait for this or that rdm blablabla" boohoo, you have to actually go up to the person and identify them or watch what they do from afar first, there are skins only indies use etc. I think this would make the server a lot scarier with suicide bombs and everything and alot more like an actual Middle Eastern warzone. 

Fixing this would fix sooo many problems with the server people have, you'd just have to make people adjust to it and enforce rules. 

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.