Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supersahen

Make Armed Stryker's Martial Law Vehicles

There really isn't a reason to have a Stryker out for normal patrolling.

A HMMVW works just as well when you are doing a normal patrol.

I vote to make the Strykers a martial law vehicle, what's everyone's opinions on this?

+1 and in reply to the "A fal can take out a Styker" please someone make a video and prove it. Not only that do it to one that has a Active player in it.

2 hours ago, Jager said:

+1 and in reply to the "A fal can take out a Styker" please someone make a video and prove it. Not only that do it to one that has a Active player in it.

It can,  but you really have to be about 25 metres from it, and at first you would need to pop the tires out from at least one side of stryker, and then shoot the angled plate from right bottom side of a vehicle with full auto. Although its quite hard considering most of them are placed on hills where there are no obstacles to hide behind. Furthermore, remember about radar and thermo...

1 hour ago, steinerrr said:

+1

I agree

Stryker MEV also includes in this? (its unarmed so i guess its not) 

Lets leave stryker MEV be, its unarmed and pretty nice! 

To main topic of this thread: hell yeah! +9000, this thing is too annoying. Also the drivers dont care that they are in an APC and are just crashing into your vehicle...  Braindead thermo campers.

Though i do believe that blufor has a hand in putting stykers up on hills and sniping with the 50 cals. I do believe that it should be used at points.... When pmc can run their armed suv's. Insurgents can run their bppu's, gear they can buy from opfor, BRDM's and bmp's i do believe that we need to have something with a tad bit of armor on blufor...

I am getting annoyed with the believe of blufor having to sit in a checkpoint with a m4 and just get blown up all day.... If blufor gets reduced to that i will simply refuse to play..... I do not want to spend those 2 to 3 hours aday which i can play arma.... with manning cpr or cpa and constantly getting blown up by a indie who is allowed to have better equipment than me as a blufor because some naggy ass bitches on the forums.... Blufor has to be able to respond and if people continue nagging about blufor equipment. Blufor is gonna turn into just bullet sponges.... and i simply refuse.

And if you wanna rant about gear. Why is opfor allowed tanks, Helicopters and l39s just to counter some people with ak's..... Why are indies allowed to pull out everything they want and not get banter about it.....

9 minutes ago, Wolfslayer said:

Though i do believe that blufor has a hand in putting stykers up on hills and sniping with the 50 cals. I do believe that it should be used at points.... When pmc can run their armed suv's. Insurgents can run their bppu's, gear they can buy from opfor, BRDM's and bmp's i do believe that we need to have something with a tad bit of armor on blufor...

I am getting annoyed with the believe of blufor having to sit in a checkpoint with a m4 and just get blown up all day.... If blufor gets reduced to that i will simply refuse to play..... I do not want to spend those 2 to 3 hours aday which i can play arma.... with manning cpr or cpa and constantly getting blown up by a indie who is allowed to have better equipment than me as a blufor because some naggy ass bitches on the forums.... Blufor has to be able to respond and if people continue nagging about blufor equipment. Blufor is gonna turn into just bullet sponges.... and i simply refuse.

And if you wanna rant about gear. Why is opfor allowed tanks, Helicopters and l39s just to counter some people with ak's..... Why are indies allowed to pull out everything they want and not get banter about it.....

could just buy a SMAW or a HMMVW TOW, There are many ways to kill armour without using a Stryker.

A Vodnik BPPU will also wreck a stryker so it doesn't really matter.

You could also always declare martial law if you need a stryker to kill a single vehicle, otherwise just deal with it.

I never get blown up all day while playing BLUFOR and i never use a stryker.

6 minutes ago, Wolfslayer said:

This thread is more about Strykers versus criminals and foot soldiers with Ak's rather than countering BPPU's if there's a BPPU, extreme amounts of terrorists etc. declare Martial Law. There's no reason for armed Strykers to be out patrolling or sitting on hills shooting at guys with FAL's. Opfor gets those because they're more a military than a police force and indeps are terrorists so they have a right to reign terror with armor etc.

The problem with declaring martial law is that it only drives up the cost of the individual's death on blufor. The thing is that you guys want us to make martial law as common as possible.... That will just create chaos. I think the strykers should remain a peace time no martial law vehicle because it will keep the amount of times that martial law gets declared to a bare minimum. Its our heaviest vehicle we have during peace. And we do need it at points where martial law is pure overkill.

I say keep the Stryker, to be honest, I do kind of dislike the fact that anything that does counter the Indeps they complain and get their way in a lot of things. Ex. Opfor hinds are now only patrol and a lot of other things. Strykers should not be a martial law vehicle because of the lack of coordination with Blufor. Indeps have many ways and a LOT of ways of dealing with these. BBPU, BRDM, Tanks, IEDs, RPG's, Simply small arms fire on the wheels to immobilize it. Not to say that most indeps are VIP so they have a huge arsenal. I do not think we should continue to nerf Blufor to the point they can barely defend themselves. There should be rules that Blufor can not level the entire city but indeps complaining of the Stryker is pretty petty.

20 hours ago, Supersahen said:

There really isn't a reason to have a Stryker out for normal patrolling.

A HMMVW works just as well when you are doing a normal patrol.

I vote to make the Strykers a martial law vehicle, what's everyone's opinions on this?

+1 It’s not a skill thing, it’s just not realistic to have out when there is not currently a war happening.

38 minutes ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

I say keep the Stryker, to be honest, I do kind of dislike the fact that anything that does counter the Indeps they complain and get their way in a lot of things. Ex. Opfor hinds are now only patrol and a lot of other things. Strykers should not be a martial law vehicle because of the lack of coordination with Blufor. Indeps have many ways and a LOT of ways of dealing with these. BBPU, BRDM, Tanks, IEDs, RPG's, Simply small arms fire on the wheels to immobilize it. Not to say that most indeps are VIP so they have a huge arsenal. I do not think we should continue to nerf Blufor to the point they can barely defend themselves. There should be rules that Blufor can not level the entire city but indeps complaining of the Stryker is pretty petty.

It's not something that only the Indeps are complain about. I'm almost a full time blufor player and i'm complaining about it, i just don't think its necessary, needed or realistic.

3 hours ago, Wolfslayer said:

The problem with declaring martial law is that it only drives up the cost of the individual's death on blufor. The thing is that you guys want us to make martial law as common as possible.... That will just create chaos. I think the strykers should remain a peacetime no martial law vehicle because it will keep the amount of times that martial law gets declared to a bare minimum. It's our heaviest vehicle we have during peace. And we do need it at points where martial law is pure overkill.

Wolf i knew you from rise, and i know TLX isn't RISE and vice versa etc etc, but on RISE Strykers where war/Martial law vehicles, did you complain then about Indy's in BPPU's or Opfor? No you got out a launcher and used that, or you used the Tow Humvee etc etc, or at the very least you called martial law dealt with the issue then put it back to peace. Maybe some of that was due to a stricter standard of bluefor play due to Spectre running the shit out of bluefor, which also had its downsides but the whole issue with Strykers was put under Martial law.

Also as TLX allows the following within 250m of the border then i would assume the Styrker could just be added to that list. The main issue is with it within Rasman itself due to them sitting on Sniper hill basically AFKing and farming paychecks while occasionally killing bank robbers/indies with Thermal. 

1. LAV-25

2. AAVP7A1

3. Stryker MGS

4. M2A2 Bradley IFV

5. M2A3 ERA Bradley IFV

6. UH-1Y Venom

7. AH-6J (donator)

8. AH-11 Wildcat

45 minutes ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

Indies have overpriced weaponry which the average indy who does not go out and mine for a day cannot hardly afford. 500k for 1 RPG and 1 rocket which then is lost on death, 120k for a AK 47, 1.1 mil for a turreted Ute. (Prices may be wrong but close enough as i'm not in game atm). Small arms hardly damage a stykers wheels, then according to the above to actually kill one with the fal requires you to get it disabled in the right position while also surviving any shots from the vehicle itself or people around it.

The thing with martial law is that it should be a last resort when all else has failed. It shouldnt be used as often as a m4 and when it is declared i will just take out a ah-6j and airstrike targets with rockets. The only thing this does is make the stryker obsolete to better vehicles.

Yes i do believe that camping it on a hill is a dick move. But that is also a detterent to as 50 supporters who sit 4k out of rasman and snipe cops.... They will hear it when a vehicle drives up making it pretty hard to counter them.

What i suggest doing is to double the price on the stryker and reduce the price on launchers for indeps. This will make it so that independent have more of a chance to neutralize it which will make blufor think twice about pulling it out

Jeez, Stryker players, either grow balls and stop abusing this to space-check  while using thermo and KOSing everyone in 1,5km circle,  or just they will be simply moved to Martial Law vics (at least i hope they will). 

Or they could be left as they are, but their price could be 3x higher so most people won't just spam them after each death.

You're just bunch of KOSers who don't care about roleplay. You are not patrolling, not talking with anybody, not helping, just sitting down and KOSing everyone. 

Same about atgm launchers, 50cal snipers, aa12he, dmr and stuff... In my opinion its just a good weaponry for noobs who have to use top shelf stuff to kill  a single guy with akm or just a pistol, and thats pathetic

2 hours ago, Abdullah Al Arganeen said:

Jeez, Stryker players, either grow balls and stop abusing this to space-check  while using thermo and KOSing everyone in 1,5km circle,  or just they will be simply moved to Martial Law vics (at least i hope they will). 

Or they could be left as they are, but their price could be 3x higher so most people won't just spam them after each death.

You're just bunch of KOSers who don't care about roleplay. You are not patrolling, not talking with anybody, not helping, just sitting down and KOSing everyone. 

U mad broh

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.