Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUDGE

JUDGE's "CONFLICT ZONE"

Do you support this idea?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support this idea?

• Yes
    • No

Short Disclaimer: This was a comment on Smidge's post about the community's thoughts on conflict zones that I was writing that i just decided to turn into an entire post for specific feedback.

No one has talked about this yet but....

You'd have to adjust the system that's currently in place when a blufor kills an opfor out of war because right now (unless i'm mistaken, haven't played in a while) if one shoots the other they get sent straight to jail. If you were to just disable the auto jail outside of war completely you would then have problems with them flatout killing each other all the time outside of the conflict zone because there'd be no repercussion. You can't have both in this instance unless there was like some way for players to mark themselves for PVP like in mmos lol.

It's a good idea imo though, that area of the map is perfect for it but thinking technically it might be a bit difficult to pull off. If you disabled the auto jail completely you'd have a huge mess on your hands and even more work with reports so I don't suggest doing that. If you had some way to have players mark themselves for PvP so only two marked players can go at it with each other outside of war that would be legit but I imagine that might be kinda difficult to code and develop.

Thinking about it more considering these issues and considering the abilities of our development team (no offense guys, shit's hard i know trust me, we aint professionals) I would recommend something a bit like this: 

1. Conflict zone is established on the map with clearly defined borders and short rules written on the map 
  2. BLUFOR and OPFOR each have some sort of FOB or something at each checkpoint or somewhere at the borders respectively.
  3. That "forward operating base FOB" has shops that sell all normal weapons but with ammo that is STUN ONLY, so rubber bullets or rockets or whatever..they just stun.
  4. My thinking on this is that stun ammo is relatively easy to create for each weapon and you could have the entire arsenal stun only if you so desired. You could start out with the favorite guns from each side like the M4 from BLUFOR and the AK101 for OPFOR and add rubber bullets to them.
  5. Here's the catch to it all for extra safety, EVERY PLAYER MUST HAVE A LICENCE TO PVP, this licence would allow players to access the shop and buy the special stun weapons. This way it stays contained and they are not abused, you would just have to only licence people who apply for it and are deemed trustworthy.
  6. Players grab their guns from the guy at their fobs and head out in the area defined and go at it with each other as much as they want without even worrying about death. 
  7. These players would then need to sell back the weapons for the exact price they paid for them *recommend they be pretty pricey* 
  8. This idea is FLEXIBLE, you could have it where Kane and the BLUFOR leader could organize the events and give out the guns themselves or do the apply for a licence on the forums to access the shop thing for example. The only area i would say this idea is not flexible would be NO VICS PERIOD. ONLY FOOT COMBAT.
  9. This idea is DEPENDENT on the staff team ONLY ACCEPTING QUALIFIED AND TRUSTWORTHY PLAYERS FOR THE CONFLICT ZONE. I'm thinking it could be an application on the forums.
  10. Finally, this idea is EXPANDABLE and UNIQUE, it would give both sides the opportunity to train up before a war and something to do when the server is quiet. You could expand this so much too, i'm thinking icons on the TS, a leaderboard of sorts, mini cap points in the zone, etc. I haven't honestly seen anything like this on any other server and it would definitely set us apart and add much needed depth. 

Alright that's it lol, I don't know why i used a numbered list but w/e it's all there. I just came up with this after reading this post so it's bound to have some bugs, flaws, drawbacks, cons, oversights, etc. just point em out. Let me know what you think in the comments below or with a reaction 9_9

EDIT: Like I stated before, I haven't been able to play in a looong while so the auto jail may not be a thing anymore, if it isn't and only sets you as a criminal I still stand by this idea as it is a fun way for players to fight without having to worry about respawning and driving all the way back and the expandability and depth this could add. Also it would handle compensation problems between players in the zone. That said, if i am wrong about the auto jail, this would be more work but let me know what you think of the idea anyways, I think it would be good for the server and a fun diversion for licensed players.

6 hours ago, MrTwiggy said:

I feel as though the coders should focus on fixing the fundamentals of roleplay first then start fun things like this. 

They are, this was just map assets and no coding and took all of 30 mins to do. We are testing the final version of it in the test server. The person who did this, is not working on coding really. That is being done by another member of the dev team.

And as I said in the former post, the war crimes system has been removed, so that is not an issue now. FOB'S will be coming soon. All in all our version is all but finished, so we will be going with that :)

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.