Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smidge Griffkin

Community thought's on a conflict zone.

Hello everyone. I have been thinking about having a new conflict zone added to the map. The purpose of this area would be to give OPFOR/BLUFOR/INDEP and the civilians an area to fight with one another on mutual terms. Of course we will need to adjust the rules accordingly, and to be clear, there will be NO COMP GIVEN in this zone.

The border layout as you can see in the photo will be changed to accommodate this area and the OPFOR/BLUFOR radar ranges will be reduced slightly, to be fair on both factions. The checkpoints will not be there to be manned, but purely as the crossing point into no mans land.

My main goal is trying to make use of the empty areas on the map and this is the first of a few plans I have for the development team to make. The other goal is to give the bloodthirsty players somewhere to do something other than staring at the other faction from across the CP.

Some rules for the zone:

- No jets

- Team killing is not permitted for the 3 Military factions.

- No comp will be given for anything that occurs in this area.

- Mortars and artillery can be used in the area, and are not to be fired from outside of the zone into it, or fired out of the zone.

Would this be something you guys would enjoy and use?

917dad1419.png6707518b0d.jpg

Is there a way to make that check point pay out more that the other two? More reason to hold it while blowing eachother to shreds.

2 minutes ago, MustfaL!kaweewee said:

So its a TDM zone. I mean it's ok but am not hipped for it. I guess the big boys with all the war vehicles would be happy.

Its more for opfor and blufor and those who wanna do skirmishes without it interfering with those wanting to just mine or what not. Also adds value to that checkpoint. Think of it as the neighborhood with the most tension or where the two forces send their trouble makers.

10 minutes ago, AtubofMexicans said:

Personally I don't see the appeal for a 'tdm zone' in the server as it's a role play server? 

Roleplays about interaction and how you do so. Much like playing Indep you dont have to be constantly screaming allah akbar. Playing the role by gorilla warfare tactics shooting and scooting planting inconvenient IEDs in highly trafficked routes. Blufor and Opfor skirmishing over a zone which has the best enviorment to being a push to defeat the other side the beach of Normandy if you will. If it was all about talking the server would be nothing but this.

images (1).jpeg

One thing: Disallow war air vics. Having been in the pilots seat and been on the receiving end, it's very easy to lock onto something and fire, and then realize it's not in the zone as the missile is on its way out. Also strictly ground fights are more fun.

34 minutes ago, AtubofMexicans said:

Personally I don't see the appeal for a 'tdm zone' in the server as it's a role play server? 

This area is catering to the people who don't want to always RP. War is always being asked for, so this was an idea I had for a compromise, as war more often than not kills the server population, and FPS.

19 minutes ago, Sheev Palpatine said:

One thing: Disallow war air vics. Having been in the pilots seat and been on the receiving end, it's very easy to lock onto something and fire, and then realize it's not in the zone as the missile is on its way out. Also strictly ground fights are more fun.

Good point Palpy. Will keep this in mind.

2 hours ago, Sheev Palpatine said:

1v1 me conflict zone nerd

I feel as though this would result in too many players flocking to the disputed zone to TDM and hence would result in less BLUFOR and OPFOR manning the border checkpoints, and less presence of BLUFOR in and in the areas surrounding Rasman and North civ spawn, reducing interactions in the area especially between independents + terrorists and BLUFOR.

Furthermore, you can bet that there would be problems with RDMs between OPFOR and BLUFOR at Checkpoints when a player not familiar with how the disputed zone works thinks that war has begun when they hear someone yelling in side chat that they're being shot at.

However as Slim said, not everybody wants to RP and most players are probably itching for a firefight regardless of their team. If the requisites for war were eased back a little and made more clear and accessible so that it could be activated more often then I think that would ultimately make for a lot of fun.

To be honest though it sounds like a whole lot of fun with that in mind. It just needs to be integrated in a way that wouldn't make Rasman down to Feruz Abad lawless land.

In my opinion,this is a very nice ideia and some players would be happy with it and i would have more potential clients :3.

Althought yes,i feel like the number of OPFOR and BLUFOR players in No Man's land should be limited,if the entire faction is free to go there i bet they would,instead of manning the checkpoints they would just be there killing.4 or 3 members of each side is enough,both factions are well armed and can eliminate civilians in that zone very quickly with their equipment,indeps can also be easily killed althought not as easy than civs.

But it'd be nice to have like,a group of civilians taking control of that territory,or mujahideens.I don't think that BLUFOR or OPFOR should be allowed to take control of the territory just civs,because,OPFOR can just buy tanks and etc and hold their ground while BLUFOR can buy their Strykers or HMMWV TOWs and etc.

I also think that there should be ores like rubies or diamonds there to give more reasons to the bois to go there.

(Also criminals could hide there)

Also i'll be able to sell tanks and apcs to civs and indeps more quickly :)

2 hours ago, Han Solo said:

People already do this anyway, whats the point? Lol

The point is that were addressing a new concept for the players of our community and bring them more. As smidge has stated we've had many players wanting to do skirmishes or want to fight the fight for takistan. We found a midground to compromise on and hey if it doesnt work we just remove it.

I was in the process of writing a reply but i started brainstorming and came up with a whole idea midway through so i decided to turn it into a post instead, check it out:

8 minutes ago, Moonhorse said:

I always play as a civ so it dont really effect me . 

Yeah its up to you if you wanna join the fray or have at your own kinda fun. We just hope we can continue to provide new things to do for you all.

in my mind Russian arms dealer should be buffed at put in here to give civs a reason to go to the conflict zone

No one has talked about this yet but....

You'd have to adjust the system that's currently in place when a blufor kills an opfor out of war because right now (unless i'm mistaken, haven't played in a while) if one shoots the other they get sent straight to jail. If you were to just disable the auto jail outside of war completely you would then have problems with them flatout killing each other all the time outside of the conflict zone because there'd be no repercussion. You can't have both in this instance unless there was like some way for players to mark themselves for PVP like in mmos lol.

This is a short clipping from my full post with my own fun suggestion for the conflict zone that would remedy this issue:

I feel like the main issue with this zone is that a lot of people will just go there and not try to play as much of the roleplay side of things, it would essentially be like a wasteland server except its constrained to one portion of the map

12 minutes ago, Isaac said:

in my mind Russian arms dealer should be buffed at put in here to give civs a reason to go to the conflict zone

I would say leave the Russian arms dealer where it is and move the smuggler into the conflict zone since it's really close anyway, and it makes sense for a smuggler to be right at the border.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.