Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

Couple of Suggestions

1) Please allow us to have FOBs near CPA.  These don't have to be defensive positions but much rather a command point.  We could have a couple people on each side make their own FOBs in Editor and we all vote on which we think is the best.  FOB in this context is a Static Forward Operating Base that is not rebuilt every restart but rather remains as it is persistent.  It does not have to have any vendors but would be nice if it had weapons or something.  This approach is not as render-intensive. 

2) Please stop thinking that every skirmish needs a war.  Listen, plenty of countries like India and Pakistan have border conflicts constantly with soldiers dying on both sides.  But yet you don't see them at war do you?  Just because BLUFOR or OPFOR gets squad wiped at the border doesn't mean there needs to be a war.  I'm tired of hearing that it's a justification of war every time I do a covert op or something of the sort that results in BLUFOR demise.  

3) Please lower the damn prices.  We've been hearing about this for almost a week, please lower the prices of unarmed aircraft at least.  Give OPFOR/BLUFOR a cheap unarmed Little Bird or something so I can stop flying these annoying Pachelas.  Really, it's not that hard.  I've edited economies of others servers and on other games.

4) This merger with RISE.  Don't take all of their staff.  From the short time I've met some of them, I don't think some of them would be a good asset to the community.  I'm not advising against a merger, but I think that the name should remain TLX primarily and that the stuff should remain TLX dominated.  I'm sure RISE has a lot to offer, but what is the reason for this merger?  I can see many issues that may evolve if you put 100% of TLX with 100% of RISE, I would suggest dropping some staff members from both sides so you have the best of both worlds.  We just don't want the classic falling out and server death that erupts from a merger.  Please be cautious, many players are concerned.  

5) Allow ROGUE units of BLUFOR/OPFOR.  I enjoy doing Covert OPs and other things that cause a pain for BLUFOR, but some of my fellow players dont.  This being said, please reconsider point 2) at this time.  You don't have to generalize 2 people from OPFOR into the whole team.  We pretty much go rogue because there is a huge lack of RP and constant discontent when all in one group.

6) Probably the most unfavorable point but honestly a necessity.  Can we please just get universal banks?  Instead of having a new bank on every team, I think it would be better to adjust the price of which items can be bought and sold based on the team. So for example, an item for a civ may cost $2000 but for indy it will cost $20000.  Just consider this because like I've said many times, not everyone has all the time in the world to play.  It would really allow us to have some more fun.  If you are hesitant because of INDY, then just raise their prices, of items that are annoying, astronomically. The intention is so that people will start spending their money more and not just hoarding so much.  

7) OPFOR/BLUFOR should be able to "Breach" the border if the other side is not manning it for a period of time and cause terror.  It's really a pain because BLUFOR is very bad about manning their checkpoints, you have to remember that they are there not just to keep an eye on what civs are coming in and out, but also to make sure the OPFOR stay out.  

Take it easy on me lads, I'm not trying to ruin anyone's experience with these suggestions.  These are just from my observations after consistent game-play over the past week.  If you can't relate to the issues at hand, I understand, but not everyone is in your shoes.   

1) yes big +1

2) its human nature to want to escalate as much as possible, this includes skirmishes into wars and it isnt something that can really be fixed... unless of course a seperate war system is added. maybe new rules for this border skirmish, it can be declared like normal war but no air vehicles/artillery/etc

3) yes big +1 unarmed shit needs to go way down

4) AFAIK merger isnt happening but could change at any time but i agree with what you said

5) opfor sure blufor no because blufor is supposed to be more civilized/maintained than opfor is.

6) jesus christ no -1,000. universal banks is good on paper but in practice it just gets really dumb. everyone can go do safe money making on civ and not have to actually play their faction of choice. when that happens, all of a sudden no actions have consequences anymore unless it's rulebreaking. universal banks make it way too easy.

7) again, opfor yes and blufor no. blufor are supposed to be the peacekeepers.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.