Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JumpyWizard

Prospective RISE merger

Just now, JumpyWizard said:

Giovanni was nowhere near perfect in terms of development, but let's remind everyone that the topic isn't about developing.

Isn't that part of this merger though?

1 minute ago, JumpyWizard said:

Giovanni was nowhere near perfect in terms of development, but let's remind everyone that the topic isn't about developing.

You are the one that is saying that we need this because the server development is lacking. You have given no other reasons besides that “the devopment of TLX is bad”.

Just now, SlimBone said:

Isn't that part of this merger though?

Well of course it is, in reality, it is what it is solely about. Which is also why the merger would be a good idea, to finally get some actual work done.

I am well aware of the limited time that our current developer has had to try and address these issues, however if I am not mistaken, he was also working on exactly the same tasks prior to the TLX shutdown months back.

I just want someone who can do the job not just with a good heart, but with good skills as well.

3 minutes ago, Elijah said:

You are the one that is saying that we need this because the server development is lacking. You have given no other reasons besides that “the devopment of TLX is bad”.

Isaac just seemed to get a tiny bit heated so I would've loved if switching topics would've been possible, but apparently not.

Well of course it is, in reality, it is what it is solely about. Which is also why the merger would be a good idea, to finally get some actual work done.

I am well aware of the limited time that our current developer has had to try and address these issues, however if I am not mistaken, he was also working on exactly the same tasks prior to the TLX shutdown months back.

I just want someone who can do the job not just with a good heart, but with good skills as well.

wait me?

Isaac just seemed to get a tiny bit heated so I would've loved if switching topics would've been possible, but apparently not.

you are blaming he more helping try to get TLX alive! i want even a dev i ask gio if he wanted help

4 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

We're just beating the horse beyond dead. Now can almost call it GROUND BEEF.

We (as staff) should all agree to stay out of this thread for awhile and just let players contribute. The original purpose of the thread was to gauge interest from players, not restart the dead-locked debate among staff.

27 minutes ago, Elijah said:

If TLX is really inferior than why do people play on here? When both RISE and TLX was around at the same time why did anyone play on TLX if it was inferior? The reason people play on TLX is because they like TLX and not RISE.

I'm going to lend my 2 cents as a player that isn't really devoted to any particular community. I play on TLX because thats currently where all the players are, not because its better and most player that don't comment on the forums are probably like me, they follow the players and the mission they really don't care much for who runs the server, unfortunately if RISE starts their own server on with their improved mission file and attracts some player then the majority will go over there.

31 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Remember what happened when BGA came up last year, fragmented the Takistan Life community by splitting the playerbase in half, and then both of our servers ended up dying? It would happen all over again.

I was here when this happened. TLX lost a lot of people and to be honest the only reason TLX has a population right now is because there is no other Taki Life server. Also I don't know how many of our players are American but it is winter break right now and I'm assuming that some players (such as myself) won't return once winter break is over so if a RISE community does come up in competition both servers will probably die since there isn't that much of a population for two Taki Life servers. 

If the problem is about community "cultures" colliding then I would suggest if you do merge that you rename the community to represent both communities uniting not one just joining the other. At this point in Taki Life theres no point in fighting or arguing about communities, you can both either merge and try to make something good out of it or compete, split the player base and you both lose.

I'm going to have to agree with Gio.

The current TLX mission is in fact an old RISE mission that the original owner (DNICE) took advantage of. Full of bugs and lacking content, it will get old quick. Since then, there has been years of development on the mission by a dedicated and skilled group of developers from RISE that added some life back into this mission. 

I highly recommend those of you who have not had a chance to experience the RISE mission to go in and see what you are missing out on before you give feedback on a topic you do not comprehend. 

There is no denying that the fall of RISE was malicious management that lost interest. Mistakes are learned from and we are out with the old and in with the new.

This mission will eventually die off, there is no way to avoid that. Arma 2 has a limited playerbase and it is only getting smaller every year. We are trying to keep it alive by bringing forward a much more advanced mission with way more content while finishing up development of an arma 3 mission. 

I don't know what TLX's plan is for the future, but from what I've seen from the current 'dev team', it is very stagnant with little to no progress.

12 minutes ago, Tengum said:

We are trying to keep it alive by bringing forward a much more advanced mission with way more content while finishing up development of an arma 3 mission.

if you guys can capture the same atmosphere and feel, with a same ruleset and make it true takistan life instead of altis life but takistan you guys will have a hit

22 minutes ago, Sheev Palpatine said:

if you guys can capture the same atmosphere and feel, with a same ruleset and make it true takistan life instead of altis life but takistan you guys will have a hit

That's the plan.

If the TLX rules are used with a RISE Takistan and the current staff team stays the same it's neat.

3 hours ago, Elijah said:

I am very hesitant about this for a few reasons.

1. My first and main concern is that this would change the server to much. I enjoy playing TLX not RISE. If we just use the RISE server files the server would just become RISE with the TLX name added. If I wanted to play the type of server that RISE was I would have played RISE rather than TLX. The simple fact is that I like TLX for being TLX and I don’t want it to be RISE.

2. Drama with RISE. In the past TLX and RISE were competitors and during this time we had many less then good interactions with RISE. To put it simply, I don’t trust RISE. TLX is doing great and we have people who can actually work on the bugs now so I don’t think we need this deal.

3. It will split the server. We already see people with the RISE tag grouping togeather on the server and I believe that if we continue with this the server will become even more divided. There will be the group that supports TLX and the group that supports RISE. We don’t need to have our player base divided between the two groups. The reason I believe that these factions will emerge is largely because of our bad history with each other. Some of the older players who played TLX for a long time will not trust RISE and people from RISE have already separated themselves from the normal player base by putting [RISE] in their name when they play on TLX.

Please don’t accept this deal and keep TLX, TLX and not RISE

First off in regards to point 1 if a Merge was to happen, then i would assume the leaders of TLX and Montel + (other current leaders of RISE?) would talk and a new name could be drawn up or so on if wanted by the community.

Point 2. Forget the past drama with RISE etc etc. RISE died over a year ago, treat this new RISE as that NEW. The only thing that is old if the mission file, the Dev, and a few members that are back to see it back up and running again, some for LOL's and some because Taki life was and is still great fun to play. OLD STAFF will have not much say in what Montel (and any other current RISE leaders) decisions, some OLD STAFF will not get staff again because they were terrible to begin with. And finally a lot of RISE members and staff won't be coming back to ARMA 2 OA because the game is 10+ years old and they are happy on Arma 3 or on other games.

Point 3. Having people with a tag grouping together is nothing new in video games, if the servers split then yes one will fail and one will succeed, or worse both will fail that is true. What i am understanding of this point you are making is the fact that you personally do not like seeing people with Tags other than TLX. I personally am not sure of the distrust that you have against those from RISE, maybe it was down to the fact that when/if you played RISE you suffered something bad then had a Crap admin/Mod and let me tell you there was many of them because they kissed Arse of certain people at the time. If that is so then i am sorry for that but you can't hold that against the new community operating under OLD tags.

Personally and maybe i am a bit Biased but i do think a merge should happen.

@Isaac While i respect that you try and do your best with Developing the server and do not want to take the easy road, a Merge would be better as it would fix a lot of the bugs that you might be currently struggling to fix, if you then wanted to continue your hand at developing i would assume that Montel if he had time would probably be able to help you learn to Code the game, find bugs, find ways to fixing them easier etc etc which would then result you in becoming a better dev in the future.

Former RISE Senior Admin/Manager here

The point of a merger is to bring the best of both communities together. It's not RISE eating TLX for breakfast (or lunch for that matter). It's bringing the two together. Yes in the past RISE had issues with staff. Trust me I had to deal with it constantly. But many of those staff are gone. I F this was to happen, it would be even staff between the two communities. Which I feel is fair as we would be putting in our time and effort too.

Feel free to ask me questions about features we had, or any questions about the merger or server. I'll try to help

This is dumb. Didn't RISE shut down? Now they want to piggyback off us? No way broski. TLX has always been TLX and it should always stay that way, people play and revive this server for a reason. I've been here 4 or 5 years now and have seen the server die and ressurect more times than I can remember now and have seen all the drama and everything. The thing about TLX is that it always finds a way, like life lol. I see TLX as not just a server but a people, we shouldn't sacrifice our values and our identity just for a "better" mission file.

If RISE wants to come back they can put their server back up themselves and not piggyback off us. I personally don't think the RISE mission file is better at all, it is a laggy pos compared to TLX and TLX just has the nostalgia and simplicity that RISE lacks. 

Edit: If this happens and we merge with RISE TLX will have officially done the big oof in my book and there would most definitely be a server put up with the old TLX mission and staff, the tools to do so are available now. 

1 hour ago, JUDGE said:

I've been here 4 or 5 years now and have seen the server die and ressurect more times than I can remember now and have seen all the drama and everything. The thing about TLX is that it always finds a way, like life lol. I see TLX as not just a server but a people, we shouldn't sacrifice our values and our identity just for a "better" mission file.

Ya'll are using our fucking mission lmao
#NotMyCulture

6 minutes ago, AtubofMexicans said:

Ya'll are using our fucking mission lmao
#NotMyCulture

I'm sorry, who are you? This is TLX and the TLX mission file. 

Kindly fuck off back to RISE, thanks. 

This Is a good example of RISE behavior, do we want this? I sure as hell don't. 

JUDGE, it is an  old version of the RISE mission file...

46 minutes ago, JUDGE said:

I'm sorry, who are you? This is TLX and the TLX mission file. 

Kindly fuck off back to RISE, thanks. 

This Is a good example of RISE behavior, do we want this? I sure as hell don't.