Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfslayer

Add the pkm to Blufor

Cuz daddy needs it.

No but seriously. The pkm is used by the army of the czech republic and since all the skins on blufor are either UN or ACR.... i say we add it.

52 minutes ago, Genix said:

-1 Wouldn't make any sense to have a Russian weapon with NATO forces.

But NATO forces use Russian equipment especially in Europe with MiG's and other various weapons. Poland still uses MiG-29's if I'm correct.

1 hour ago, Mez said:

But NATO forces use Russian equipment especially in Europe with MiG's and other various weapons. Poland still uses MiG-29's if I'm correct.

That's equipment that those countries have in their stockpiles from during the Cold War when they were once communists and sided with the Soviet Union. Any country with US involvement with NATO I highly doubt would use Russian equipment.

1 minute ago, Comrade Potato said:

That's equipment that those countries have in their stockpiles from during the Cold War when they were once communists and sided with the Soviet Union. Any country with US involvement with NATO I highly doubt would use Russian equipment.

Poland currently uses 62 Russian made fighters and 48 American fighters. It's probably cheaper to maintain Russian equipment and since they've had it it's easier to train crews rather than giving then something entirely new. The Czech's currently use T-72's BMP's and MI-24's. Although I believe that a majority of their handheld weapons are either domestically made or Western.

41 minutes ago, Mez said:

Poland currently uses 62 Russian made fighters and 48 American fighters. It's probably cheaper to maintain Russian equipment and since they've had it it's easier to train crews rather than giving then something entirely new. The Czech's currently use T-72's BMP's and MI-24's. Although I believe that a majority of their handheld weapons are either domestically made or Western.

You're correct. They're still making a transition. They simply no longer buy Russian/Soviet equipment because it's against NATO policy. I'm sure however in a place like Takistan it makes sense that NATO doesn't use such equipment because it appears to be heavily American/British backed.

11 hours ago, Mez said:

True, but the majority (maybe even all if I'm not mistaken) of the NATO forces in Arma 2 are Western (US, UK, etc.) which would definitely not be using Russian equipment.

Have you ever plated the acr doc.... the humvees have dshkms on em. Their tank is the t72 (although modified), their apc is the bmp, their jeeps are humvees and some truck thing that belongs in arma 3. Their attack helicopter is the hind and their transport heli is the mi8 (with pkms respectably).

I am not saying that we add all their vehicles.... i am just saying that we add some of the small arms that the czech republic uses.... as we are already use their skins...

10 hours ago, Comrade Potato said:

Sided with the soviet union? I’d say got Stalin’ed

We can sit and argue on whether they'd use it or not or we can just acknowledge that soldiers sometimes use the enemy's weapons instead of their own - ak47 for example. In this way it would make alright sense for blufor to be able to use the pkm. 

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.