Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dereck Frost

The KA-52

KA-52 Alligator

The KA-52 Alligator,designed from the KA-50(1 seater) known for it's distinctive coaxial rotors,is a unique helicopter featured in ARMA 2,it is a 2 seater helicopter where the pilot and the gunner sits side by side.It is a very fast helicopter that can do maneuvers that no other helicopter present in ARMA 2 is able to do.I consider it the best helicopter and superior than any BLUFOR helicopter.

But putting these thingys aside,the KA-52 is a WAR VEHICLE and well,it is kinda fair.It is equipped with 12 ATGMs,a 30mm cannon,high tech camera for the gunner and all those nice thingys.But like most people know,war time vehicles  for OPFOR that aren't jets,basically do not get used AT ALL.The fact that BLUFOR has the AH-1Z Viper ruins the possibility of OPFOR using helicopters in war time.The AH-1Z Viper with it's sidewinders can easily take down any pilot except those who are experiencied with dodging them with flares.

My suggestion is that,the KA-52 A.K.A HOKUM B becomes a Response vehicle,like what the HIND became,it would need to meet certain requirements like:

• More than 4 indeps present
  • Heavy casulties in OPFOR (More than 3 deaths)
  • AA-12 HE

Things like that.

As of the moment,the KA-52 costs 11.700.000$ with no taxes applied to the price.

Some might say"Nah it's too OP fuck off with your suggestion" But,considering the requirements that it would need to meet,plus the expensive price,i'd say it's pretty fair.

-1 study russian doctrine before you buff opfor. 

Quick little thing. The russian helicopters are not as good as the blufor helicopters because that isn’t their their goal. They have to do a job and they do it decently...... The whole of the russian aircraft in arma arent made to take down air vehicles. That was the goal of tunguskas, shilkas, iglas, strelas, zu 23s etc. And that goes back to russian doctrine. 

Yes. I do believe that adding the r-73 to the ka 52 is a good idea... but i do not think it needs to be added to the hind. As the hinds as a peacetime vehicle gets to shoot at an2s and hueys which i can keep up with.... just yak b them with your ai in the gunner

The ka 52 is the best missle platform. It just shouldnt fly infront of its team mates due to its lack of air to air capabilitys. And making it a responce vehicle will not solve the issue and will only make the independents more salty due to the fact that indies have no real direct counter to hinds besides the supporter launchers.

I have to agree with a -1 on this one boys!

As everyone here knows I play Opfor mainly. Most Opfor helicopters are superior to the Blufor helicopters, (Not taking into account Blufor's War helicopters). Already all Opfor hinds and helicopters that have rockets and a turret on it are only allowed to be pulled out and bought as a response. Meaning! You can not use it unless Indeps have an AA-12 HE, AA, or any armoured vehicles. So there really is not much of a point to add more air vehicles if they are just going to be a response vehicle. 

Sorry Dereck :(

Just now, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

I have to agree with a -1 on this one boys!

As everyone here knows I play Opfor mainly. Most Opfor helicopters are superior to the Blufor helicopters, (Not taking into account Blufor's War helicopters). Already all Opfor hinds and helicopters that have rockets and a turret on it are only allowed to be pulled out and bought as a response. Meaning! You can not use it unless Indeps have an AA-12 HE, AA, or any armoured vehicles. So there really is not much of a point to add more air vehicles if they are just going to be a response vehicle. 

Sorry Dereck :(

How are they superior?

Heeeelll no dude,  as far as i love you i cant agree, nothing is happening in south (not counting IND base rape with mi24), so they dont need that 

Indies have to struggle with Stryker zerg already, and if youre not mining or having supporter you cant do anything as IND in a long run tbh.

19 hours ago, Dereck Frost said:

I consider it the best helicopter and superior than any BLUFOR helicopter.

19 hours ago, Dereck Frost said:

My suggestion is that,the KA-52 A.K.A HOKUM B becomes a Response vehicle

This makes no sense in my mind, if the KA-52 is the best aircraft in the game, why would it be available more than all the other aircraft which are war vehicles because they are too powerful for peace?

This whole mentality of OPFOR needing stronger gear to fight indies makes no sense to me, considering OPFOR just pay indies to kill BLUFOR and team up or camp them in a safezone anyway.

6 hours ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

Ouch, just a suggestion no need to be so vulgar .-.

i only repeated what he had at the end of his post dawg

3 hours ago, Abdullah Al Arganeen said:

Would agree if INDs could get mi24s lmao

Fuck that... you will just see rasman leveled at 12 minutes uptime

20 minutes ago, Wolfslayer said:

Fuck that... you will just see rasman leveled at 12 minutes uptime

Classic Dnice

On 23-1-2019 at 6:19 PM, Pearse said:

Take away 4 of the ATGMS and add 2 R73's and problem solved

What would it solve.... It would only make it more uncouterable.... Everything needs to have a counter.

16 hours ago, Wolfslayer said:

What would it solve.... It would only make it more uncouterable.... Everything needs to have a counter.

Literally any jet, The KA-52 is just a black brick with a rotor; very easy to shoot down with any aircraft that has a 20mm

Thats the thing... Giving the ka 52 the capability to take down helis and dumb pilots in jets will just make it NEARLY unkillable.. The AH1Z has a massively exposed cockpit which can be shot at from nearly every direction and has 8 atgms... But as a trade off it gets 2 sidewinders...

Op wanted to make it a reponce vehicle even though the job is done perfectly (if not better) by the hind. The hind has less atgms but as a trade off it has a moving cannon and is armored like a tank.... Which makes it a brawler good for taking out small arma bearing positions.

Every vehicle in the game has a fair and realistic counter.... And if you do not know them ill gladly tell ya.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.