Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrTwiggy

Hitting People with Pistols Doesn't work all the time

When you hit control f with a pistol, it works inconsistently. I've only got it to happen a couple times when trying to kidnap a cop and all I got was the animation. I was standing within a meter of the cop and I hit control f, the animation happened, but the guy didn't get subdued. Without being able to subdue people like this, kidnapping is nearly impossible, especially since the stun rounds don't work for civi. To my knowledge, there isn't really a way to kidnap without this working. Since it's not working it takes a major chunk away from civilian rp.

That could be the reason, although I thought that using control f instantly stuns you no matter if you have armor or not. Either way, the problem persists of knocking out not working every time. I've been trying it since I've got on today and It's only worked that one time even when I'm point blank in front of someone.

With full stun armor I don't think there's an animation but with light stun armor is kinda makes you stutter and step back. If it doesn't work on a civ then it's broke chief.

28 minutes ago, MrTwiggy said:

When you hit control f with a pistol, it works inconsistently. I've only got it to happen a couple times when trying to kidnap a cop and all I got was the animation. I was standing within a meter of the cop and I hit control f, the animation happened, but the guy didn't get subdued. Without being able to subdue people like this, kidnapping is nearly impossible, especially since the stun rounds don't work for civi. To my knowledge, there isn't really a way to kidnap without this working. Since it's not working it takes a major chunk away from civilian rp.

I do know rifles work with ctrl f as civ but i will go investigate with pistols to see if there might be a certain way to do it or maybe its just broke. Will reply to this once i know so you can take it to a dev or something 

A clunky mechanic that shouldn't be clunky because it is a part of civi rp. For me personally it is a huge part, kidnapping adds a lot like negotiation with blufor and hostage raids.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.