Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dereck Frost

STUN WEAPONS

Stun weapons

Most players know about the existence of them in TLX but,not everyone uses it.Yeah it's understandable that,they want some freedom and BLUFOR wants to have their MAAWS or idk, SMAW,but in my opinion every single member should carry either a M9 with taser rounds or a primary stun capable like the M1014 in case of BLUFOR or a SAIGA 12K in case of OPFOR.By carrying a stun weapon,the chances of accidental RDM would possibly decrease and less lethal means for the officer to detain the suspect.In my opinion the use of stun weapons should be enforced.

People would complain less about the fact that every way BLUFOR uses to stop suspects is by killing them with lethal weapons.

Also it would offer more chances for RP.

Also yeah the stun rounds do glitch sometimes but well,it's a risk at least i am willing to take.

Is there a way we can get stun rounds for the AK? maybe a diferent mag like the M9 is 

stun mags disappear every time you log in so im just too lazy and only carry lethal

but hey if they're full health one 5.56 to the leg does the trick

Yeah but unfortunaly not every BLUFOR have superior aiming skills so they aim for the torso and end up killing the boi,also the Shotgun stun around can stun someone to a range up to 10 meters and it can heat a target from at least 160 meters,althought when it does reach that distance the stun effect will be barely even noticable so the best is to hit at least 50 meters.50 meters the target won't be completely stunned but the round will have effect.

1 hour ago, ANC said:

g17 best taser why 4 rounds in m9 when you can have 17 rounds in g17 

Its limited to 4 because its a stun weapon not because its an M9

'an old unnamed server that i used to play on' had a rule that OPFOR & BLUFOR required to have a non lethal option on them, even though a lot of people will bitch about it I think it'd be a good rule to implement.

4 hours ago, Supersahen said:

'an old unnamed server that i used to play on' had a rule that OPFOR & BLUFOR required to have a non lethal option on them, even though a lot of people will bitch about it I think it'd be a good rule to implement.

They have always been required to on TLX its just one of those rules that gets overlooked 

21 hours ago, Kane said:

Is there a way we can get stun rounds for the AK? maybe a diferent mag like the M9 is 

Tbh this is one horrible idea. Stun gun that can reach what 300m-800? depending if you can hit the shots (so 300). Honestly that sounds like complete aids. Like having an mk17 sniper with stun rounds it wouldn't make sense. This is a game tries to be as realistic as possible and i don't see the likes of the Russian forces running about with slugs rounds in their aks now. I could see this being useful though for possibly weekend mini games within the server?, 

1 minute ago, Ahon132 said:

Tbh this is one horrible idea. Stun gun that can reach what 300m-800? depending if you can hit the shots (so 300). Honestly that sounds like complete aids. Like having an mk17 sniper with stun rounds it wouldn't make sense. This is a game tries to be as realistic as possible and i don't see the likes of the Russian forces running about with slugs rounds in their aks now. I could see this being useful though for possibly weekend mini games within the server?, 

You can limit there effective range.....otherwise the shotguns would be 100m stun range

I'm aware of that but still the fact of having a fully automatic weapon with stun rounds is far fetched. This is a army simulator game. I'n my honest opinion ive been playing takistan life since 2011-2012. I've never once witnessed any servers do this. I suppose it could also be locked to single fire. But then it would require blufor to obtain the same balance in their weapons. Also comes the point of people abusing this and opfors "accidents" increasing with people not having the right ammo loaded 

2 minutes ago, Ahon132 said:

I'm aware of that but still the fact of having a fully automatic weapon with stun rounds is far fetched. This is a army simulator game. I'n my honest opinion ive been playing takistan life since 2011-2012. I've never once witnessed any servers do this. I suppose it could also be locked to single fire. But then it would require blufor to obtain the same balance in their weapons. Also comes the point of people abusing this and opfors "accidents" increasing with people not having the right ammo loaded 

PDW can be loaded with m9 stun rounds. Full-auto stun.

2 minutes ago, Ahon132 said:

Yes but is that 7.62 bullets?

Does it matter? Thought the stun rounds just triggered a special animation. Otherwise it just be a longer stun. Unless that round is also dealing more damage which why when your aiming to stun...

But having a rifle that fires stun rounds would defeat the purpose of having a stun pistol?, Why would someone opt for a shit semi-automatic pistol when they could have the likes of a akm with stun rounds and lethal rounds. Would increase the civilian fatalities nvm the fact that i've never witnessed stun rounds being fired from the likes of an AK before. However the likes of the mp5 etc I would see how they could be used as stun weapons as they are in real life. I just think the gaming experience on the server should be realistic as possible.

regards

Ahon123 (GOAT)

3 minutes ago, Ahon132 said:

But having a rifle that fires stun rounds would defeat the purpose of having a stun pistol?, Why would someone opt for a shit semi-automatic pistol when they could have the likes of a akm with stun rounds and lethal rounds. Would increase the civilian fatalities nvm the fact that i've never witnessed stun rounds being fired from the likes of an AK before. However the likes of the mp5 etc I would see how they could be used as stun weapons as they are in real life. I just think the gaming experience on the server should be realistic as possible.

regards

Ahon123 (GOAT)

Never said it doesnt break logic or realism. I to think its a silly idea. But a silly idea made by a silly dude for the sake of the sillies.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.