Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elijah

Remove a zero

I was just thinking of a quick and easy way to make the economy more realistic and I thought it might be a good idea to just remove a zero from everything ex. $2,000,000=$200,000. This would be applied to paychecks, buying, and selling. It might be best to do this in a month or so or when the server needs a stat wipe as this would change the entire economy. P.S when I say remove a zero I’m just saying to remove the last digit. Don’t know what everyone would feel about this so please share your opinions.

4 minutes ago, Elijah said:

I was just thinking of a quick and easy way to make the economy more realistic and I thought it might be a good idea to just remove a zero from everything ex. $2,000,000=$200,000. This would be applied to paychecks, buying, and selling. It might be best to do this in a month or so or when the server needs a stat wipe as this would change the entire economy. P.S when I say remove a zero I’m just saying to remove the last digit. Don’t know what everyone would feel about this so please share your opinions.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Would be hard to get used to maybe, but in the long run I think it could be good for the server. One thing it for sure would help with is making everything not so expensive and the extra realism, like you said, would be a nice plus.

yeah, I'd definitely like that but I would want everything to be to scale like 60k is still gonna get you as much as 600k would.

2 hours ago, The legendary Jordan_ said:

yeah, I'd definitely like that but I would want everything to be to scale like 60k is still gonna get you as much as 600k would.

That is the whole idea. Everything would have a digit removed to it would be just as easy/difficult to get everything it would just feel a bit more realistic.

This is a bad idea if you are talking about applying this to paychecks as well.  Many of us have jobs, school, university, etc.  We don't have time to grind 10 hours a day like some people to get money.  I think a better way of policing abuse is limiting certain things to times of war and certain ranks.  I mean, it should be a little easier to make money for OPFOR/BLUFOR in some way shape or form considering how pricey things get over time.

10 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

This is a bad idea if you are talking about applying this to paychecks as well.  Many of us have jobs, school, university, etc.  We don't have time to grind 10 hours a day like some people to get money.  I think a better way of policing abuse is limiting certain things to times of war and certain ranks.  I mean, it should be a little easier to make money for OPFOR/BLUFOR in some way shape or form considering how pricey things get over time.

The amount of time you have to grind for money wouldn't change. Things would cost less, making items cost more realistic amounts.

6 minutes ago, Genix said:

The amount of time you have to grind for money wouldn't change. Things would cost less, making items cost more realistic amounts.

I would be all for having cheaper items, I just think paychecks should not be drastically changed, I wouldn't want to see paychecks go from $100,000 to $10,000, personally I think it shouldn't be reduced as much, perhaps just to like $25,000.  This economy should reward play time a bit more.  Just my opinion.  I don't always have tons of time to play, as do many people.  Just thinking in THEIR best interest.

5 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

I would be all for having cheaper items, I just think paychecks should not be drastically changed, I wouldn't want to see paychecks go from $100,000 to $10,000, personally I think it shouldn't be reduced as much, perhaps just to like $25,000.  This economy should reward play time a bit more.  Just my opinion.  I don't always have tons of time to play, as do many people.  Just thinking in THEIR best interest.

Well, it'd be even with the price change so paychecks wouldn't become too insane, though I don't think it'd ever be a $90,000 dollar reduction unless prices are severely cut.

1 minute ago, Genix said:

Well, it'd be even with the price change so paychecks wouldn't become too insane, though I don't think it'd ever be a $90,000 dollar reduction unless prices are severely cut.

I'd hope so or else I'm going to be asking you for money xD

Just now, MadVlad said:

I'd hope so or else I'm going to be asking you for money xD

Not too rich yet my man so I'm afraid I couldn't help you haha.

1 hour ago, MadVlad said:

It would take the exact same amount of time to get stuff as it does now. Nothing would change other then the prices looking more realistic. Your paycheck would be 10,000 rather than 100,000 but at the same time anything that used to cost 100,000 to buy would now only cost 10,000. For IRL terms it’s like how back in the day people would earn only a few dollars a day but they could get a lot more with one dollar than we can now. This change would just make it so people earn less money but they can get more with less as well. For example let’s  say today I can buy a box of candy for $1 and earn $10 an hour but in how ever many years, a box of candy now costs $10, but because of this I get $100 an hour. I can still buy the same amount of candy as I could before but the numbers are just bigger. This change would have no effect of how much stuff you could buy it would only make the in game economy reflect the real world economy a bit better. So you have nothing to worry about when it comes to how much time you have to spend on the server to get weapons and vehicles.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.