Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maverick

Community Update #1

Hello friends; it's good to be back.

The staff team at TLX is excited to announce the official revival of the Arma 2 Takistan Life server, as well as many new features to be added over its lifespan discussed in a recent meeting. We are ecstatic to be able to return to our roots and once again walk the hills, streets, and valleys of Takistan with the great players of TLX, and hope you are as well. This report will contain a few high priority topics/features you can expect to see implemented before the server is resurrected. Enjoy! 

-Whitelisting

Previously, faction whitelisting was a high demand work-in-progress task that was actively being developed on. While total faction whitelisting will not make an appearance on the server straight away, you can still expect to see some forms of it. 

PMC whitelisting will be the first evolution you will be able to observe on the server, as it will be implemented when the server is launched. The paths to take to achieve this role are still being discussed, but a clear route will be established by the time the server is released.

Other whitelisting forms were discussed such as Presidency, but are not being heavily considered yet. There will be more to come on the topic of whitelisting throughout the server's life.

-Staff Structure

For the most part, the staff structure will remain untouched, but there are a few changes coming and there are likely to be more depending on how the community behaves both on and off the server.

To start, we will witness a sizable increase in power at the Administrator/Manager level. This is being done so as to remove the stress of the Director of the server, and allow a more easily flowing factor of gameplay and action. The lower half of the staff tree (Senior Moderator and below) will be the ones dealing with help rooms, and handling the day-to-day issues that appear on the server. 

Your day-to-day issues will not be handled by anyone higher than the rank of Senior Moderator. Administrators and up are in place to moderate the lower staff ranks previously discussed. The Director will almost never step in to handle a situation. Requests to talk to the Director will be denied. 

Furthermore, the separation of the Manager role has been discussed. If this were to occur, likely would you see a Staff Manager and a Community Manager role born. The job of the Staff Manager will be a part of the administration tree, and will deal with most things staff related such as recruitment, staff complaints, and anything else that would fall under the staff category. The Community Manager will handle more domestic tasks such as writing community updates, establishing relationships with other communities, and helping to increase/maintiain the general welfare of the server. Please remember this split is undecided on but may still be included in the server's revamp.

-Economic Changes

We will be finishing the economic changes that began so long ago. You can expect to see a massive decrease in the pricing of all items on the server, as well as income, to a more realistic amount. This was something that was highly requested prior to the server's shutdown, so it will be making an appearance within the first week of the server's launch. 

-Removal of VIP/Supporter

Lastly, in order to make things fair and more enjoyable for the entire community, in-game perks will no longer be granted as a result of donations. Everyone will have access to the same equipment, vehicles, and weapons upon the servers launch.

While you can no longer donate and receive in-game perks, other perks related to the Teamspeak and Forums will be available.

Please note that the server will ONLY be run off of donation money. Once the donations stop coming in, the server will go down.

-Other

The following are smaller features that were discussed in the staff meeting:

-Addition of two "Marksman" roles to the Opfor, Blufor, and Independent factions.

-Reduction of player slots across all factions for increased balance. 

-Other general balance features

We are eager to get back to business here at TLX and cannot wait to once again make great memories alongside the community. We appreciate your support and desire for the server's return, and have only one thing to ask of you at this point; Have Fun!

For more details, please contact me via PM on the forums.

-Maverick

I don't know how I feel about this; on the one hand i'm happy the server is back but on the other I can see already by the emphasis placed on staff and power in the very first update that this might not end well based on my experience as TS Helper all the way up to Administrator and my years in the community. This update, in my opinion, should have placed more emphasis on the players and the actual game, the staff stuff should have been a footnote. Overall, this just left a bad taste in my mouth, especially the stuff about virtual power over people who just want to play the game. I also think the part about donation was unnecessary and also left a bad taste in my mouth, we are all very aware at this point that the server will not go on without donations, the emphasis placed on this and the power of staff just leaves me feeling like this might be a reboot for the staff power side more than the actual playing of TLX, we all know this has been a major part *and a major problem at times* of TLX. THAT SAID, I will be applying for staff again this go around if applications open but you can't call me a hypocrite because i've made my stance on power pretty clear through this post, I've just been here so long and have played the game to death so if I return it will be to help newer players and play a bigger role in the community.

ALSO I just wanna say that I appreciate the people behind the scenes who revived TLX despite what i've said, I'm just a weathered TLX vet at this point and I've seen just about everything there is to see ingame AND the staff game, just being cautious and throwing my honest opinion out there based on experience and I think a lot of older players can testify to that experience lol

I'm not sure about you but if you think that the server will last more than a month with no donations shouldn't we just enjoy it rather than changing anything? But whitelisting is defs a need ever since Taki Life existed so props to Supreme Leader Giovanni, he shall guide us to greatness.

8 hours ago, JUDGE said:

I don't know how I feel about this; on the one hand i'm happy the server is back but on the other I can see already by the emphasis placed on staff and power in the very first update that this might not end well based on my experience as TS Helper all the way up to Administrator and my years in the community. This update, in my opinion, should have placed more emphasis on the players and the actual game, the staff stuff should have been a footnote. Overall, this just left a bad taste in my mouth, especially the stuff about virtual power over people who just want to play the game.

Maybe you have misunderstood the premise. I'm trying to hand over more power to the administration so that I don't have to step into every issue myself. It's not about in-game powers, it's about admins being able to manage the server without me around.

8 hours ago, JUDGE said:

I also think the part about donation was unnecessary and also left a bad taste in my mouth, we are all very aware at this point that the server will not go on without donations, the emphasis placed on this and the power of staff just leaves me feeling like this might be a reboot for the staff power side more than the actual playing of TLX, we all know this has been a major part *and a major problem at times* of TLX.

When people begged for the server to come back up, I made everyone well aware of the fact that I would only run it with the support of community donations as I do not intend on personally funding the server. The reason for removing VIP/supporter perks is to make the gameplay experience more fair and balanced across the board - not to mention the fact that we were constantly harassed by Bohemia over it last time the server was up.

Overall, I think you're making a big deal out of this nonexistent "staff power" issue when in reality it's just me delegating more management down the chain of command so I am not required to be around 100% of the time.

11 hours ago, Giovanni said:

The reason for removing VIP/supporter perks is to make the gameplay experience more fair and balanced across the board - not to mention the fact that we were constantly harassed by Bohemia over it last time the server was up

VIP and supporter wasn't balanced but it was not at all hard to deal with. People just didn't like the AA-12 HE so they pulled out their pitchforks. Also I thought that as long as you don't award any perks for donating Bohemia couldn't do anything? Czech's and their penny pinching fingers amirite?

I agree with most of this, but how do you expect the server to survive from donations if donators don’t get rewards. It seems destined to fail. 

18 hours ago, Michael said:

I agree with most of this, but how do you expect the server to survive from donations if donators don’t get rewards. It seems destined to fail. 

To be fair donators are meant to donate to the server because they like it and want to keep it alive not for rewards. Bohemia doesn't allow rewards for donations anyways unless it's purely cosmetic.

Yeah, make a garage system. If the impound lot can remember cars, than use that for an individual basis. Make some garages in this mofo

4 hours ago, Dalton said:

Yeah, make a garage system. If the impound lot can remember cars, than use that for an individual basis. Make some garages in this mofo

Yeah but once you disconnect it goes bye bye

8 hours ago, Dalton said:

make it not go bye-bye then.

you can't not make it go bye bye

just put up the server and forget about everyone's stupid requests, the server was popular when it was loose, then an arma 3 server came with role play shit everyone thought they wanted and that shit died immediately. no strict rp servers survive cause its lame as shit.

we dont need garages, we dont need houses and shit, just a medium grind then mayhem with a restart every 12 hours or so

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.