Sign in to follow this  
JumpyWizard

Blufor rule changes

Good evening, everyone!

I feel some changes need to be made for BluFor's, currently, BluFor is allowed to purchase weapons, tanks, and helicopters from OpFor, which in my opinion should be deemed fail RP to do so.

Why is it fail RP though?

It ruins it for other players. Imagine being an indie with a little Fal running around on the road, and suddenly a hind comes along and blows you up, does that seem fair to you guys? Also, imagine this; You're a civilian in need of quick and easy cash, you decide to rob the gas station, out of nowhere a T-72 pulls up and tells you to drop your shit. You can't run and you definitely can't fight it. Which just ruins that civilians will to play, since he can't do anything about a T-72

It isn't the only thing that needs changing

It is roughly in the same category as the previous, however, it is with Independent vehicles. If Blufor successfully kills an Independent player and that player is in an armored vehicle, well now the BluFor player has a new vehicle to play with. Might argue that it could potentially fall under the rule of corruption, or fail RP, but I feel as there needs to be a specific rule stating BluFor can't use Independent vehicles.

It simply adds fuel to the fire

The debate about BluFor not doing anything but being inside Strykers is an evergoing discussion, but personally, I would much rather fight a BluFor in a tin can with an M2 strapped on top, than the finest Communist tank money can buy, the oh so beautiful T-72.

I hope that at least one of those rules, hopefully, both will be added to the rules as soon as possible, as it both ruins the fun for others, makes people quit and overall doesn't match the roleplay scenario of a NATO-like military force.

Wizard, Yeehaw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, thats why we charge so much for vics, Its to help the blufor fight off thoes indeps and civlians, you know, makes people do legal stuff? I know it sounds boring but its what nato would do in a situation like that, I dont want to make killing blufor a easy jobe so we let them buy stuff so they can have a better chance, Nothing like a little brdm ATGM cant fix

13 minutes ago, Kane said:

Well, thats why we charge so much for vics, Its to help the blufor fight off thoes indeps and civlians, you know, makes people do legal stuff? I know it sounds boring but its what nato would do in a situation like that, I dont want to make killing blufor a easy jobe so we let them buy stuff so they can have a better chance, Nothing like a little brdm ATGM cant fix

But in what roleplay way does NATO forces purchasing vehicles from OpFor, a faction they forever hate and always have problems with?

Sometimes we have a “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” with blufor when the indeps are being a bigger problem than usual, which is why we do what we do

32 minutes ago, Kane said:

Sometimes we have a “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” with blufor when the indeps are being a bigger problem than usual, which is why we do what we do

You know.. Martial law?

IMO it doesn't make sense that the South who is technically at war with the North would sell them equipment

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anonymous User said:

IMO it doesn't make sense that the South who is technically at war with the North would sell them equipment

Well, if you are Opfor and you can sell some of your shitty equipment to the Blufor who are probably going to lose it anyway, why not make some good money off of it. It is great for business as long as it is not in bulk ex. Selling 50 hinds, cause if you do that well... War breaks out well rip you haha.

25 minutes ago, JumpyWizard said:

I was indie?

So only indeps get the hinds and the jet aite deadass

1 hour ago, Pearse said:

So only indeps get the hinds and the jet aite deadass

Wait... Why are we selling indeps vehicles in the first place? We are supposed to KoS them lmao?

I Think most opfor vehicles would be classed martial law and war vehicles anyway. If people use common sense this wouldnt be an issue

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SlingShot said:

I Think most opfor vehicles would be classed martial law and war vehicles anyway. If people use common sense this wouldnt be an issue

It just shows people don't since it happens, worst part is, it's usually staff/friends of staff doing so

• Thanks 1

Mi24 on blufor, l39s flying above blu4 territory, both factions everywhere, even blufor capturing ind cap.

Common sense aint used mate, we only wish it was, thats why rules have to be strict, and people have to be punished like kids after doing what is forbidden.

Sign in to follow this  

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.