Haqqa

Chernarus?

Hi again everyone, I haven't been on the server in a couple days now and wanted to make a new suggestion. Some of you might remember that I suggested we remove insurgents a while back, and if you thought that was extreme then boys hold on. This time I'm suggesting we move to Chernarus. I'll give you some benefits of why I think this might be a good idea.

• A better setting for RP (proper cities)
  • Unique server (all life servers are in Takistan rn)
  • Some nostalgia

I know some of the people here are concerned with losing the player base when changes like this happen, but here are my two cents on the matter, I've been playing Arma2 life servers before Operation Arrowhead came out when the only life servers were in Chernarus, I then moved onto the Taki Life servers and all the custom modded servers that followed. A lot of the servers that I played on died not because they changed things, but because it was the same thing, and it was basically the same as every other server. The downsides to this are that there might have to be a new mission made (if the administration wants I have 3 separate Cherno Life missions on my PC, since idk if we have developers).

Now, this suggestion would only work if the community wants some more RP. I know a lot of players here enjoy the fact that the current mission is a Team Deathmatch of sorts, and if you wish to follow that path then this suggestion is no good since Cherno Life basically removes what would be the Insurgents and OPFOR (civs can turn into insurgents tho).

If you want some more RP with Cherno then I suggest some mods, now sometimes mods do kill the player base, but that occurs when they are introduced incorrectly, I would make a separate suggestion for these mods but they only fit well within Chernarus. Now the mods that I'm suggesting aren't like those Arma2 servers that have a million of custom things, this is about 200MB of mods (which would take like 15 min to download)which adds a dozen new civilian vehicles, some ambulances, firetrucks, and new Chernarus police cars (all with working sirens and lightbars) , I'll leave the links below so you can take a look.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20830

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17447

I'll say this again, this is ONLY if you want a more RP based server, if you enjoy the current server gameplay, then I do not suggest making this change. Regardless of what the community wants, I'll end with a comment, there is another Taki Life server that has been gaining popularity that sometimes reaches 40-50 players, I've played on it and TBH its not my cup of tea, but what this server has is a community, the forums are active and the players know each other, the other servers forums are practically empty, so TLX has a faithful and active community, and even though it has fewer players than the other server, it has a more constant player base so I believe that if TLX were to explore adding things to the server or changing things up, it wouldn't be as bad.

Thank you for reading, let me know what you think.

• Like 2

I’d enjoy this but I think we could keep opfor and insurgents, splitting the map in half down the middle and NWAF would go to blufor and NEAF would go to opfor with the main city of blufor being chernogorsk and opfor elektrozavodsk insurgents would be based in the south west part of the map controlling balota and it’s airstrip. Or if this is too much of a switch up they could be based on skalisty with a bridge to the mainland

• Like 1

Yeah this seems to be cool.But if this ever happens to be implemented,it would take a very long time to organise things.But yeah it's pretty cool.

• Like 2

i'm sorry but suggesting changing the whole server after playing for such a short while is crazy. the only other comparable map would be zargabad, the other maps are far to large for a playerbase of this size.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, staan said:

i'm sorry but suggesting changing the whole server after playing for such a short while is crazy. the only other comparable map would be zargabad, the other maps are far to large for a playerbase of this size.

I'd recommend this to any Life server that wants some more RP so I'm not sure why my playtime on the server is relevant. I do agree that Chernarus is too large if anyone here has played any Cherno Life they would remember that it is limited to the southern coasts main two cities and some of the surrounding towns and forest areas. This is obviously because Chernarus is too big and with this player base player interaction would be nill, therefore the play area is limited.

29 minutes ago, staan said:

Zargabad is really cool but would it be possible for a life server to run it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pearse said:

I’d enjoy this but I think we could keep opfor and insurgents, splitting the map in half down the middle and NWAF would go to blufor and NEAF would go to opfor with the main city of blufor being chernogorsk and opfor elektrozavodsk insurgents would be based in the south west part of the map controlling balota and it’s airstrip. Or if this is too much of a switch up they could be based on skalisty with a bridge to the mainland

I have played in a Cherno Life server years ago that split the map East/West and had a central checkpoint, it was very unique and interesting, it would need a new mission though since at least the missions that I have are only Cops and Civs.

1 hour ago, Haqqa said:

I'd recommend this to any Life server that wants some more RP so I'm not sure why my playtime on the server is relevant. I do agree that Chernarus is too large if anyone here has played any Cherno Life they would remember that it is limited to the southern coasts main two cities and some of the surrounding towns and forest areas. This is obviously because Chernarus is too big and with this player base player interaction would be nill, therefore the play area is limited.

I mean it's just a little odd to come to a community called ""takistan" life extreme" and suggest they change their server to something different after they been building and maintaining a community for years.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, staan said:

I mean it's just a little odd to come to a community called ""takistan" life extreme" and suggest they change their server to something different after they been building and maintaining a community for years.

I understand where you're coming from 100% but the way I see it changing a map won't really change the community you know? The community is the people you play with and enjoy playing with, not necessarily the map on which you do it. Also Takistan Life Extreme is honestly just a name, the community would be the community regardless of it being Utes Life Extreme, Chernarus Life Extreme or Zargabad Life Extreme. When I played Arma2 modded life server, we would occasionally switch maps every month or so to spice things up, we weren't limited to a map because of the name of the community, and I don't see how something like that wouldn't work here.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Pearse said:

Perhaps we could try again at an arma 3 server but on chernarus?

I don't know if that would be possible since the Arma3 server that TLX had branched off on its own, also I don't know if most people here could run Arma3, specially Arma3 on Chernarus with all those trees, just thinking about it scares my graphics card.

9 minutes ago, Haqqa said:

I don't know if that would be possible since the Arma3 server that TLX had branched off on its own, also I don't know if most people here could run Arma3, specially Arma3 on Chernarus with all those trees, just thinking about it scares my graphics card.

The arma 3 tlx server that branched off is down now because of no players. Also, we could grow a new population on arma 3

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.