JumpyWizard

Constructive criticism for staff

Hello everyone!

So, I've recently been promoted to Senior Moderator, and with that, comes a greater responsibility.

Therefore I would like to know if you, the players, have any ideas or criticism towards us and of course it has to be constructive, this isn't going to be a post of pure pointless arguing, that will make me very sad :(

What I more specific want is your opinions on how we handle support cases, how we greet new players and how we act in-game. But just a warning, so I don't want to see comments about a certain staff member, this isn't a thread for staff complaining. This is meant for improving how the support staff handles situations.

All the information, if relevant, will be used in informing/guiding current staff members and to teach new staff members the magic way of support rooms! :) 

Note: I know I've said it before, but just again. This isn't a place for specific staff complaints, this is meant for constructive criticism.

Wizard, Yeehaw

• Thanks 1

It would be nice to see staff play other factions, rather than just a specific faction. Some staff might say "well I play Blufor or Opfor!" Cool dude, you got 10 minutes on that faction now look at your other one 200 hours lmao.

To many staff are role locked and it can affect support cases because they can not see the other side because they do not play other factions.

30 minutes ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

It would be nice to see staff play other factions, rather than just a specific faction.

51 minutes ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

To many staff are role locked and it can affect support cases because they can not see the other side because they do not play other factions.

The staff team covers all three factions pretty well, some of us have our preferences but it definitely doesn't affect our ability to deal with support cases. 

• Like 1

The support staff is good, i've always had pretty positive experiences dealing with them. 

I recently had my ability to like and dislike on the forums removed after actually disliking off topic posts after someone complained about it, but other than that everything is cool.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

Any facts to support this? Cause if so this "Would" be an issue but I haven't seen nor heard of faction biases from staff. If anything Im harder on my Indie brothers than my enemies.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JumpyWizard said:

this isn't going to be a post of pure pointless arguing, that will make me very sad :(

59 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

Any facts to support this? Cause if so this "Would" be an issue but I haven't seen nor heard of faction biases from staff. If anything Im harder on my Indie brothers than my enemies.

• Haha 1

I think we shoyld have senior staff assigned to junior staff or staff to be paired. One to mediate the issue and a other to type the report and view battlemetrics to confirm issue.

This i feel would speed up support issues and allow the meditating staff to focus on the players.

Jumpy and I worked on a case and it went smooth like a banana smoothie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smidge Griffkin said:

The staff team covers all three factions pretty well

Three?THREE?THREEEEEE?

In my opinion, too many of guys with TLX tag are using Overpowered armed vehicles, both aerial and ground ones. Also, stretching and bending the rules ain't new thing for em too. And yeah, I know you know that I know that you know that im talking about you TLX mate:P

But its really pain in the ass, not only for me having +150 hours here, but maybe even for new players. Also it makes people want to leave this server, or come back with better arsenal making this a Domination server :/ Where of course, a guy who played longer has more cash, winning in this situation without even a scratch on his attack helicopter :/

For anyone that will shittalk about me: Yes, I use BRDM ATGM, but only when I see or hear about enemy armor online, that actually shouldn't be up (normally im trying to use those damn IEDs and FN FALs)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Abdullah Al Arganeen said:

In my opinion, too many of guys with TLX tag are using Overpowered armed vehicles, both aerial and ground ones. Also, stretching and bending the rules ain't new thing for em too. And yeah, I know you know that I know that you know that im talking about you TLX mate:P

But its really pain in the ass, not only for me having +150 hours here, but maybe even for new players. Also it makes people want to leave this server, or come back with better arsenal making this a Domination server :/ Where of course, a guy who played longer has more cash, winning in this situation without even a scratch on his attack helicopter :/

For anyone that will shittalk about me: Yes, I use BRDM ATGM, but only when I see or hear about enemy armor online, that actually shouldn't be up (normally im trying to use those damn IEDs and FN FALs)

I do agree with you. Staff should set an example on the server, and if we're all sitting in overpowered vehicles, and not patrolling in SUV's, then that will soon become the norm for Blufor. I try not to do it myself, and if I do pull out armored vehicles, it's always my beloved CROWS since it's easier to kill someone inside of that, than a Stryker.

+1

Imho price of Mk19 should be raised, same for ATGM, just every top notch things that can be killed ONLY with rocket launchers, that are equipped with thermo, ATGM, automatic granade launchers, autocannons, CROW system with hidden gunner (that cannot be just shot through the glass, like in stryker, the perfect example of "good" CROW system is at Humvee, where the gunner is sitting behind the driver, and can be shoot with 7,62). We need more vehicles, that arent armored af. The more easy people are to kill inside those things, the more often they wont camp at hills using those, but instead they will get closer and start CQBs (at leats thats what I believe)

9 hours ago, Abdullah Al Arganeen said:

Yep, all the staff use OP vehicles and other stuff, which my friends that I tried to stay left cause they got tired of dealing with that bs.

5 minutes ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

Yep, all the staff use OP vehicles and other stuff, which my friends that I tried to stay left cause they got tired of dealing with that bs.

Pretty sure a lot of people tend to use "OP vehicles and other stuff". Staff have no more access to vehicles and gear than a regular player does. In my experience, the ratio of players using heavily armed or armored vehicles is about the same whether they're staff or not.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Pretty sure a lot of people tend to use "OP vehicles and other stuff". Staff have no more access to vehicles and gear than a regular player does. In my experience, the ratio of players using heavily armed or armored vehicles is about the same whether they're staff or not.

Haha yeah, I worded it wrong. Everything besides supporter and VIP supporter everyone can get, but a lot of the staff have either one of those which allows them to get a bit more stuff that is stronger ex. AA-12 HE (Note you hear that, run away ;_;) or AS50 TWS ext. Sure a lot of normal players can get the same "OP vehicles" but at a larger price. 

This one time some guy was calling me a fat diabetic american swedish cunt getting fucked by muslims and he didnt get a strike, but when i said fuck off to someone i get a strike, maybe get some standards to when strikes are given out instead of being biased towards your friends and giving strikes to people you simply dont like.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, Fragmented said:

This one time some guy was calling me a fat diabetic american swedish cunt getting fucked by muslims and he didnt get a strike, but when i said fuck off to someone i get a strike, maybe get some standards to when strikes are given out instead of being biased towards your friends and giving strikes to people you simply dont like.

Yeah, I was in a support room and a staff member (Not saying who) allowed the two other people shit talk and talk over me and when I did it (talk over) he took away my talk privilege. Not a lot of staff members are biased but everyone is biased in some way so I am not sure. If you can find someone being unfair simply record the support case I always do that since I am not playing cause of what I just previously stated.

2 hours ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

Yeah, I was in a support room and a staff member (Not saying who) allowed the two other people shit talk and talk over me and when I did it (talk over) he took away my talk privilege. Not a lot of staff members are biased but everyone is biased in some way so I am not sure. If you can find someone being unfair simply record the support case I always do that since I am not playing cause of what I just previously stated.

That's what we have staff complaints for , Stryder.

But I can see as to why it may annoy you, and it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JumpyWizard said:

That's what we have staff complaints for , Stryder.

But I can see as to why it may annoy you, and it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Well, it was not that big of a deal and well it happened once. I do not think I should make a complaint about a staffs mistake once we all make mistakes. Since we are mistakes in the first place *Ba da DING*

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.