Dirty Dan

Blufor Ranking

18 minutes ago, Roque said:

Honestly not sure why people still thinking a ranking system+whitelist will instantly fix everything. Sure it's cool on arma 3 but that's about it. Arma 2 it'll just kill what's left of the server and waste time.

How would it kill the server?

because usually after 1 second of a squeaker telling someone they have to listen to them because they have a higher rank they leave the server forever

7 minutes ago, Dirty Dan said:

How would it kill the server?

How would it save the server?

3 minutes ago, Roque said:

How would it save the server?

More role play and more options when the server is dead you can grind levels. And if a squeaker is telling you what to do that’s your falt for letting a kid out grind you. But that’s my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Dirty Dan said:

More role play and more options when the server is dead you can grind levels. And if a squeaker is telling you what to do that’s your falt for letting a kid out grind you. But that’s my opinion.

Most people aren't going to sit and grind out ranks to get access to better gear, if ranks get implemented say goodbye to a decent amount of people

1 minute ago, Anonymous User said:

Most people aren't going to sit and grind out ranks to get access to better gear, if ranks get implemented say goodbye to a decent amount of people

And most of the time the majority are on civ I don’t feel we will lose that many people.

55 minutes ago, Roque said:

Honestly not sure why people still thinking a ranking system+whitelist will instantly fix everything. Sure it's cool on arma 3 but that's about it. Arma 2 it'll just kill what's left of the server and waste time.

no one is saying that it'll fix everything, just that bit would benefit the server.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anonymous User said:

Theres a lot more to the sever than blufor and if it kills the server that much then it could be changed back but i don't see where it  will kill the server, rise had it and the server was the most popular its downfall was for other reasons not blufor ranking.

15 minutes ago, Dirty Dan said:

Theres a lot more to the sever than blufor and if it kills the server that much then it could be changed back but i don't see where it  will kill the server, rise had it and the server was the most popular its downfall was for other reasons not blufor ranking.

I'm saying that it's a nice idea in theory but people aren't going to do missions and patrol to rank up, if you've noticed Blufor sits in Strykers or snipes in Rasman.

4 minutes ago, Anonymous User said:

I'm saying that it's a nice idea in theory but people aren't going to do missions and patrol to rank up, if you've noticed Blufor sits in Strykers or snipes in Rasman.

That’s the point of adding ranks to help add variety to the server and i see what your saying and if it does fail then we can always change back but if wouldn’t hurt to try it out and see what people think.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anonymous User said:

ik but how many of them do that because theres nothing else to do.

• Like 1

i would support it if they made it where an arrest of a wanted person was +1 and a indi or civ terror kill was a +1 and a kill on an unarmed civ was -20 and -5 on an unwanted armed civ then the scores made up the rank.

cause i sure see a lot of unarmed civ kills from blufor and when i play blu i arrest as many as possible and pretty much ignore or help unwanted civs.

Edited by staan

4 minutes ago, staan said:

i would support it if they made it where an arrest of a wanted person was +1 and a indi or civ terror kill was a +1 and a kill on an unarmed civ was -20 and -5 on an unwanted armed civ then the scores made up the rank.

cause i sure see a lot of unarmed civ kills from blufor and when i play blu i arrest as many as possible and pretty much ignore or help unwanted civs.

yeah i would like to see that to

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, staan said:

an arrest of a wanted person was +1 and a indi or civ terror kill was a +1 and a kill on an unarmed civ was -20 and -5 on an unwanted armed civ

If you kill an armed civ that was not wanted but was shooting you with a gun, you still get -5

true but as blufor i run across armed civs that are licensed and legal and cooperative all the time, most blufor just shoot them on sight.

from what iv heard it may be something like the arma 3 server with a chain of command were most will start at the bottom and they will have to climb the ranks some will be command rank when the whitelist goes live

i dont think thats a good thing to model it off since it seems the arma 3 server gets about 1 person on it per day

2 minutes ago, staan said:

i dont think thats a good thing to model it off since it seems the arma 3 server gets about 1 person on it per day

not a lot people want to take the time to down load the mods with the arma 2 server not needing mods I don't think that will happen 

• Like 2

roleplay is out of this server, you want this VDM/RDM fuckfest to  properly roleplay?, maybe if you ban half of the server then you will get a roleplay server nobody is willing to roleplay.

even if ranks are implemented, i'm 100% sure that after someone will get their rank high enough to buy a stryker, they will abuse it  and sit in it all day.

35 minutes ago, ANC said:

from what iv heard it may be something like the arma 3 server with a chain of command were most will start at the bottom and they will have to climb the ranks some will be command rank when the whitelist goes live

The reason blufor has players at all is because you are free to do whatever you want within the boundaries of the law, if you shove ranks down people’s throats and orders of what to do, restrict the vehicles they have access to etc. Then blufor will die

it sounded great when it was first announced, but that was when blufor wasn't completly fucked. current state of blufor is bad

54 minutes ago, Pearse said:

The reason blufor has players at all is because you are free to do whatever you want within the boundaries of the law, if you shove ranks down people’s throats and orders of what to do, restrict the vehicles they have access to etc. Then blufor will die

that's the problem, this is a Takistan Life server, not a sandbox. As it stands that's what TLX feels like, a sandbox with a few rules and factions. Law isn't enforced properly, Borders aren't manned, criminal civilians are KOS'd. If you don't force people to do their jobs properly then you have a broken faction, and that's what BLUFOR currently is. 

Edited by S.Russo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S.Russo said:

that's the problem, this is a Takistan Life server, not a sandbox. As it stands that's what TLX feels like, a sandbox with a few rules and factions. Law isn't enforced properly, Borders aren't manned, criminal civilians are KOS'd. If you don't force people to do their jobs properly then you have a broken faction, and that's what BLUFOR currently is. 

I agree with Stan.

People seem to think this is Domination with Civs.

It isn't. It's supposed to be at least basic roleplay

How Bluefor Treats Civilians of takistan , I just saw this and thought of a scenario that happened when I first joined the server the very first time I went mining rubies 

Edited by Silkofoxx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, S.Russo said:

If you force people to do jobs and they aren't playing for fun then they will leave and taki will die

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.