Dereck Frost

Guide for new BLUFOR/OPFOR/INSURGENT players

Guide for new TLX Players.

OPFOR  BLUFOR  INSURGENT

Before anything,do NOT forget to join Teamspeak! 

Both Factions are required for the person to be on TS

If you're reading this i'm assuming you are a NEW player to the Takistan Life XTREME ARMA 2 Server.here are the basic controls.

1. Press 1 in your keyboard to see your Licenses,factories you own,government,police chief,gangs,laws as well as your IN GAME personnal information.
  2. Press Y to open your animations options.
  3. Press 2 to open your TLX inventory.
  4. Press 3 to put your hands in the air
  5. Press 6 for Retributions 
  6. Press 7 to put Ear plugs IN and OUT

Don't forget to read ALL the rules! https://docs.google.com/document/d/11A1JiKrseZhOE3pAY0ywDF4NgnZeo98HVRgROPqZnrw/edit

General rules 

1. Do not KOS (Kill On Sight) neither VDM(Vehicle death match) if done it will be punishable and will probrably taken SUPPORT
  2. Do not use your mic over global chat.
  3. Do not advertise other communities.
  4. If possible PLEASE try to Role-play!
  5. Do not EVER troll.
  6. Going Away from Keyboard (AFK) is not allowed for a long period of time.
  7. Transferring money from a faction to another faction for yourself is not permitted
  8. Going across the border walls without permission from the faction that controls the side you're going to is a crime and it will be dealt with lethal force.

These are the ones i consider important.The rest if you wish you see just read the rules that can be read on the link above.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Safezone Rules

1. Do not flee into a safezone if engaged.
  2. Do not kill neither steal inside safezones.
  3. You're not allowed to engage or scout from a safezone.
  4. Camping and scouting of a safezone is not permitted.

War Vehicles (that should be only bought in war)

OPFOR

• T-90
  • KA-52
  • SU-34
  • SU-25
  • D-30
  • BM-21 GRAD <Not mentioned in the rules but can be considered artillery by the staff.
  • Mortars

BLUFOR

• M6 LINEBACKER AA
  • FV510 WARRIOR DESERT
  • FV510 WARRIOR WOODLAND
  • M1A1 ABRAMS DESERT
  • M1A2 TUSK ABRAMS DESERT
  • M270 MLRS DESERT
  • AH-64D APACHE
  • AH-1Z VIPER
  • A-10 THUNDERBOLT
  • AV-8B (LGB/CAS/FIGHTER)
  • F-35B & F35B AA
  • ALL ARTILLERY AND MORTARS

Martial Law Vehicles

The following vehicles are to be used only during martial law or WAR(This only applies for BLUFOR)

• UN BMP-2
  • LAV-25
  • AAVP7A1
  • STRYKER MGS
  • M2A3 BRADLEY IFV
  • M2A3 ERA BRADLEY IFV
  • UH-1Y VENOM
  • AH-6J(Donator)
  • AH-11 WILDCAT

____________________________________________________________________________________

OPFOR 

The OPFOR Also known as TLA (Takistan Liberation Army)The Opposing force (OPFOR) are the armed forces that are located in the SOUTH Territory away from RASMAN .Their vehicles are cheaper than the ones BLUFOR have

When you join OPFOR for the first time,what you are going to need to do is get some money from the ATM that is located in front of you in your left side,withdraw some cash and buy the Combat Training License,this will allow you to buy most weapons in the Weapons shop(The guy with the black beret standing next to the soldier pointing a FN FAL right at your face).After buying the license it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to buy NV GOGGLES which the standart price is 8.000$ But be advised the taxes are different so the prices will be different too.

YOUR ENEMIES 

• Insurgents AKA Indies <They're KOS but if possible try to do a little roleplay scenario,that is if they don't kill you first.
  • Armed Criminal civilians
  • Civilians that declared TERROR
  • Civilians that injure team mates or attempt to harm friendly personnel
  • BLUFOR In case they cross the border without OPFOR permission or there is a WAR going on at the moment.

Getting started as OPFOR

• Buy the primary weapon that you think ya going to do WELL(But don't buy TOO EXPENSIVE WEAPONS)
  • Get some ammo (OF COURSE)
  • No need to buy Rocket launchers.
  • Get 1 or 2 jackhammers that can be bought in the Oil Processing&Mining tools right next to the base on the East side
  • Get a utility KAMAZ open or closed doesn`t really matter how much space does the TRUNK of the vehicle have.

When you get your Jackhammer(s)and your KAMAZ go over to the diamond mine that is still located inside the OPFOR territory next to the RUSSIAN ARMS DEALER.When you reach that spot, press 2 to open your TLX Inventory and then click on your jackhammer and press use (it should be noted that you must be DIRECTLY on top of the mining spot)Also the max diamonds you can get is 33. Keep doing that until there isn't more space on your KAMAZ,when you're finished just driver over to the resources shop and sell your precious DIAMONDS!

(Warning!Some insurgents may camp that area so be VERY CAREFULL!)

After that just ENJOY your money!Just don't waste it on multiple aircrafts,armor.Also if you're feeling greedy just do the same steps again until you get LOTS of money.

Your JOB!

As an OPFOR your job is to maintain control over Checkpoint Alpha,Bravo and Delta.Regularly patrol the checkpoints,also don't forget to check the capture points.People mainly come to Checkpoint alpha so i'd recommend manning CPA.Be cautious because many insurgents with precision rifles most of the times camp it while having it's position unknown for a long period of time.

When things gets out of hand if you have money or somebody in your team does,just pull out a good old MI-24 A.K.A the HIND.The insurgents aren't going to be glad because first,it will just destroy their entire lives and second,it ain't even fun when there are MI-24s flying all round the OPFOR territory.So do your best to prevent you or your team to buy a HIND and ruin the insurgents immersive Tactical Shooter game!

That's basicly your job.

Manning CHECKPOINTS.

As an OPFOR You'll probrably be staying under heavy insurgent sniper fire on Checkpoint ALPHA,but if things are fine and there aren't anyone shooting at you just do your JOB,which is basicly sitting around all day waiting for a civilian to come by.When a civilian or PMC DOES come by remember to do the standart procedures:

1. Kindly tell the driver to exit his vehicle and provide you his passport. 
  2. search his vehicle for ilegal things
  3. If he owns a firearm tell him to put his hands in the air and check his inventory for the licenses.

Situations you might find yourself in.

1. Insurgents camping with a BRDM-2?No problem,get the HIND.
  2. Got Insurgents camping everywhere with high caliber firepower?Get a HIND.
  3. Got insurgent offroads coming to CPA?HIND.
  4. Got an enemy helicopter?Yeah get a shilka or tunguska.
  5. Got a civilian throwing rocks at your team mates?Get a HIND.

HIND solves are your problems ;)Just don't use it everytime.

BLUFOR

The BLUFOR Also known as Takistan Police Force or just COPs.They Are the forces that ATTEMPT to enforce the LAW in the North Side,their main city is Rasman where all the crazy stuff happens.

First in order to actually be part of BLUFOR you are required to pass a BLUFOR TEST.If attempted to enter without it you WILL be kicked!

When you join BLUFOR for the first time buy the basic training such as the patrol officer training license,so you'll have access to the box that has it's name on it.When you access the box,get a M9 and some SD STUN Rounds and any other weapon that is CHEAP,AVAILABLE and WORTH IT.

Getting started as BLUFOR!

Now,playing as BLUFOR ain't as easy like OPFOR,you'll find insurgents more often over your side on Rasman either:Camping,staying hidden inside the buildings.I highly recommend that,if you have access to the MK19s grenade launcher,DO NOT Just fire all over the town destroying EVERYTHING,people get mad over it,the buildings will be ruined and the next thing you see RASMAN is basicly destroyed(Also do not fire explosives that might hit the bank).You'll also have a hard time dealing with financial issues.

Ok so let's get started.

• Start buying your M9 with SD ammo,then a primary weapon for LETHAL purpouses,just don't buy something TOO expensive.
  • Get ammo.
  • No rocket launchers.
  • Do patrol missions to earn Money$.
  • Follow the BLUFOR rules!
  • Don't let those insurgents capture your CAPTURE POINT,that's your money making land if it gets captured your paycheck will be lowered!

Those topics said above are the ones that in my opinion that should be done when you start playing for the first time as BLUFOR.

Your ENEMIES.

• Insurgents AKA Indies.
  • Armed criminal civilians.
  • Civilians that declared TERROR.
  • Civilians that injured purpousely injured team mates or attempt to harm friendly personnel.
  • OPFOR in case there is a WAR happening Or if they cross the border without BLUFOR permission.(Also if they engage you first intentionally)

Now the thing that i consider the most important MONEY.Since without money you can't really do a lot of things.So for getting money i either recommend doing patrols in some sort of ground or air vehicle OR just play following the rules as a police officer and let the paychecks do the job for you.

YOUR JOB! 

As a BLUFOR it's your JOB To maintain the streets of Rasman and your territory SAFE,so in order to do that you i recommend that you DO NOT do these following things:

• Shoot a civilian only because he has owns a firearm and it's unholstered
  • Shoot a person without even Identifying him.
  • taze or arrest him because he's insulting you (in a weak way not like,hard stuff.).
  • Open fire with lethal firepower because he ran away from you.
  • Run over a insurgents or criminal.
  • Firing everywhere with a grenade launcher on urban enviroinments just to kill a single insurgent.
  • Accept bribe from a civilian.
  • get money from a dead bank robber and keep it for yourself.(or drugs)
  • Work with or defend independents

Civilian speeding or driving on the wrong side of the road? No problem mate,just give him a ticket.

Insurgents coming in with a armed vehicle and you're 100% sure they're gonna kill you on sight? Just open fire at them.

BRDM-2 ATGM on a hill? if you have money just get a M47 Dragon and destroy that old piece of soviet technology.

Snipers somewhere on a hill?That's a huge problem,well if you got money just get that GUCCI HMMWV CROWS M2 and take them out!

Bank often getting robbed?Go there and stop the robbers then!

People are mad at you because you're with a MK19 stryker or HMMWV blowing Rasman to pieces?Well stop using it then! It's really annoying.

Ran over a civilian or a team mate accidentaly? No problem! Just take some money of your pockets and comp them!

Running out of money?Do patrol missions!

Manning checkpoints.

Basicly the same thing that has been said for OPFOR.

Martial Law 

Your team is at a very bad situation and you can barely maintain control over Rasman? No problem,just ask for the current police chief to press the MAGICAL MARTIAL LAW button,if he agrees he will activate martial law.When it's activated you'll be able to freely search citizens civilians

Insurgents

Be advised,this faction does require the user to be in teamspeak as well.

Insurgents, also known as Independents, indeps, are Mujahideen Jihadists - religious extremists. Most of their vehicles are captured OPFOR vehicles that costed many soldiers lives, meaning their equipment costs much more money than OPFORs

It should be noted that both OPFOR and BLUFOR are KOS(Kill On Sight) for Insurgents but if you want to do a little Role-Play feel free to do it.That is if the enemy doesn't fire at you first.

First thing you should do is buy the Combat training, and after that the Soviet vehicle training. You should be able to buy most of the weapons and ground vehicles.Also make sure to buy NV Goggles.

The most popular insurgent weapons are: FN FAL  and AKM for urban environment, SVD for sniping and RPG-7 with VR warheads for heavy armor.Do NOT buy the most expensive weapons. Every time you die, you lose everything you had with you.

The most popular insurgent vehicles are: Motorcycle, UAZ, T-34, T-55, BRDM-2 ATGM, Zu-23 Truck and BMP-2(Supporter)

Do NOT buy the Scud-B.It costs $5.5mil but there is no script that makes the missile go boom.

Using mortars during peace time is against the rules.

Your enemies:

1.OPFOR

2.BLUFOR

3.PMC

4.Civilians that engage you.

Getting started:

• Buy a cheap but good weapon. FAL is maybe the best option for starters.
  • Get some ammo
  • Buy rocket launchers only if OPFOR has some heavy armor that already killed many of your brothers.

Earn money by capturing the capture zones,maximum insurgent paycheck is 100k.

You can also stop OPFOR from getting money by holding Resources area.

YOUR JOB:

As an insurgent, Mujahideen Jihadist, your job is to free this country of NATO and Russians. They don't believe in Allah, so try to make them regret coming to Takistan. Opfor usually sits at CPA, their capture zone, insurgent capture zone or Hashish Emporium. Try not to kill all your enemies on sight. This is a roleplay server, not warfare.

1. OPFOR Hind is in air? Try avoiding roads and start climbing hills, or get  an IGLA AA Pod or Zu-23(Those 2 are Expensive)
  2. BLUFOR Stryker wrecking everything? Try to sneak behind it and take it out with a FAL/RPG-7 (Weak armor) or just use an expensive BRDM-2 ATGM and risk being destroyed by a Hind before even crossing the border.
  3. All checkpoints closed/manned? Assault the one manned or get speed upgrades and go through illegal breach.

Thanks to Aleks for writing the Insurgent guide!

If you liked it don't forget to leave a like!

Edited by Dereck Frost
Update
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you,it took me several hours to complete this post because i had several issues while making it like...I kinda forgot some of the licenses that there were IN GAME...

• Like 1

On a serious note good work here if you wanna flush this out id collaborate with a few indies and civs to expand that last part and who knows you might find yourself that much closer to a supporter license. 10 points to Gryffindor!

4 minutes ago, Dereck Frost said:

I never expected this 0.o it's truly amazing.

When putting so much effort into a post like that, that is the least we could do.

17 hours ago, Dereck Frost said:

Civilian Life & Insurgents

Here is the insurgents guide, you can edit,copy and paste it into the main post. Let me know if i missed anything.

Insurgents

Make sure to join the teamspeak first.

Insurgents, also known as Independents, indeps, are Mujahideen Jihadists - religious extremists. Most of their vehicles are captured OPFOR vehicles that costed many soldiers lives, meaning their equipment costs much more money than OPFORs

First thing you should do is buy the Combat training, and after that the Soviet vehicle training. You should be able to buy most of the weapons and ground vehicles.Also make sure to buy NV Goggles.

The most popular insurgent weapons are: FN FAL  and AKM for urban environment, SVD for sniping and RPG-7 with VR warheads for heavy armor.Do NOT buy the most expensive weapons. Every time you die, you lose everything you had with you.

The most popular insurgent vehicles are: Motorcycle, UAZ, T-34, T-55, BRDM-2 ATGM, Zu-23 Truck and BMP-2(Supporter)

Do NOT buy the Scud-B.It costs $5.5mil but there is no script that makes the missile go boom.

Using mortars during peace time is against the rules.

Your enemies:

1.OPFOR

2.BLUFOR

3.PMC

4.Civilians that engage you.

Getting started:

• Buy a cheap but good weapon. FAL is maybe the best option for starters.
  • Get some ammo
  • Buy rocket launchers only if OPFOR has some heavy armor that already killed many of your brothers.

Earn money by capturing the capture zones,maximum insurgent paycheck is 100k.

You can also stop OPFOR from getting money by holding Resources area.

YOUR JOB:

As an insurgent, Mujahideen Jihadist, your job is to free this country of NATO and Russians. They don't believe in Allah, so try to make them regret coming to Takistan. Opfor usually sits at CPA, their capture zone, insurgent capture zone or Hashish Emporium. Try not to kill all your enemies on sight. This is a roleplay server, not warfare.

1. OPFOR Hind is in air? Try avoiding roads and start climbing hills, or get  an IGLA AA Pod or Zu-23(Those 2 are Expensive)
  2. BLUFOR Stryker wrecking everything? Try to sneak behind it and take it out with a FAL/RPG-7 (Weak armor) or just use an expensive BRDM-2 ATGM and risk being destroyed by a Hind before even crossing the border.
  3. All checkpoints closed/manned? Assault the one manned or get speed upgrades and go through illegal breach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My advise would be to change SVD to CZ 550. Far cheaper with zeroing and zoom in unlike the SVD. @Gregory Porter will wanna fight about this though. Believes in the SVD as strongly as he does Allah.

Hopefully today I'll be able to release a full guide for new players with the help of some BLUFOR and OPFOR comrades! I'll be on the server today (hopefully)to gather some information and also play!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SlimBone said:

My advise would be to change SVD to CZ 550. Far cheaper with zeroing and zoom in unlike the SVD. @Gregory Porter will wanna fight about this though. Believes in the SVD as strongly as he does Allah.

SVD power!

Opfor- "Ok google how to I deal with super troll staff junior, [TLX] SlimBone the pee monster"

Google asst.- "Get a Hind..."

I like this whole idea a lot, although I think it would be a lot more effective if we emphasize the importance of forums for server events and Tips/Guides. For example when we get a  new member in the teamspeak refer them to the forums.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LT. Potato said:

I like this whole idea a lot, although I think it would be a lot more effective if we emphasize the importance of forums for server events and Tips/Guides. For example when we get a  new member in the teamspeak refer them to the forums.

When you join and are on TS waiting for member tags thats the second link I send after sending server rules. Letting them know this is where you go to ask questions, find out about events, and build rep with likes to get that gucci supporter license!

5 minutes ago, LT. Potato said:

If we did this i feel that people would also get more involved in the server.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SlimBone said:

When you join and are on TS waiting for member tags thats the second link I send after sending server rules. Letting them know this is where you go to ask questions, find out about events, and build rep with likes to get that gucci supporter license!

lmao But I mean maybe like actually explain it to them in depth because I don't even remember seeing the link when I was given member.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LT. Potato said:

lmao But I mean maybe like actually explain it to them in depth because I don't even remember seeing the link when I was given member.

Roger, now that the arma 3 servers split we have less needed to explain.

I wonder if I can just edit this post,adding the insurgents and civilians faction and correct some things

Edited by Dereck Frost
Yee

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.