Pearse

Can you abduct people by arresting them?

If you were to tase a OPFOR HVT, then restrain him. Could you arrest him for a couple of minutes, go back to rasman and re restrain him and then enter negotiations for the high value targets life? Or is this fail RP in some way. I just thought this is a way to get around not being able to move restrained people.

• Like 1

Yes its fail RP, in my eyes anyway but im sure im not alone. The best solution to this in my opinion, is to just add the script to enable us to move our detained targets. 

• Like 1

I would agree with Smidge that it would be Fail RP. To start with, NATO should not be kidnapping Opfor, or anyone for that matter. NATO is an international peacekeeping organization. Kidnapping someone would have serious repercussions on the organization being allowed to stay in the country. Section 1 rule 8 states that you must "Role play at all times" so under this rule while you are playing as Blufor/NATO you must act how a real member of NATO would need to act. Secondly, under the same rule, using the jail system to teleport someone out of hostile territory into an area under your control would be VERY unrealistic and unfair to anyone attempting to stop you from escaping with their comrade. 

On another note though, the best way to kidnap someone and transport them is to get a land rover and order them to get in the back gunner seat via the yellow ride in back words on the scroll menu. When they are in this seat you can transport them even if they are in a different faction. You should not that objectogedon will view the landrover as empty unless someone is in a normal seat as well.

Yeah, we are not able to move people for some reason. Another thing I should point out that PMC/Civs are able to Ziptie people but are unable to Ziptie. A way to get around this is knocking them out with your gun whilst they are restrained. This sometimes might work or they go into a knock out glitch. Use at your discretion.

1 hour ago, Lt. Col. Stryder said:

Yeah, we are not able to move people for some reason. Another thing I should point out that PMC/Civs are able to Ziptie people but are unable to Ziptie. A way to get around this is knocking them out with your gun whilst they are restrained. This sometimes might work or they go into a knock out glitch. Use at your discretion.

Zipties are one of the buggiest things ever. And you've never been able to move people while they were tied or restrained.

What is TLX?

Takistan Life Xtreme is an Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Takistan Life roleplaying server initially started in 2014 by original owner DNice.

How do I play?

You can find us on the Arma 2 OA server list as Takistan Life Xtreme or you can connect directly to play.tlx-gaming.com. You will need both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA installed.

How do I communicate?

Teamspeak 3 is our primary voice communications platform. You can jump on to speak to other players on your faction or to request support from our staff. Use the link below or ts.tlx-gaming.com to connect.

Disclaimer

This website is not affiliated or authorized by Bohemia Interactive a.s. Bohemia Interactive, ARMA, DAYZ and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bohemia Interactive a.s.